DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilot looking for Tutorials on line/YouTube other than what DJI has posted for Mavic Mini

judell

Reactions
I have had my Mini for about month. I’m learning and getting better but would like to find tutorials so I can learn how to master the aircraft. Need to learn how to overcome the faear of a flyaway when you lose sight of the drone.
Seen lots of YouTube video. What do you guys recommend?

Thanks
Jigger

Hit return to home.
You should at least have an idea of where it should be even if you looked at your display then back to the drone but can’t spot it in the sky.
If you hit RTH while looking in the general direction of where you know it to be then as it gets closer you should be able to spot it, then you can cancel RTH.

Hard to see when its so small and 1600 feet away.
I hit RTH but feel like I’m not in control

Hard to see when its so small and 1600 feet away.
I hit RTH but feel like I’m not in control

Well technically if your following the FAA rules for drone flight, your drone should never be out of site.
  • Fly your drone at or below 400 feet
  • Keep your drone within your line of sight
FAA Guidlines for Recreational Flyers

in many drone videos I've seen the aircraft is a mile + and couldn't possibly be visible. We all know what the rules are but realistically its real easy to lose sight of it on a clear day in the sky. Just looking for some training videos or help in improving my skills when I lose it in the sky. Thanks

in many drone videos I've seen the aircraft is a mile + and couldn't possibly be visible. We all know what the rules are but realistically its real easy to lose sight of it on a clear day in the sky. Just looking for some training videos or help in improving my skills when I lose it in the sky. Thanks

Well, there are always folks who push the limits. If you really insist on flying further than you can comfortably see, you might consider some strobe light addition. Even during the day they can make the "invisible" more visible. Some folks go with different colors on front and back or left and right. But even one can help if you rotate the drone till you see the strobe for orientation and then direct it on to your location. As suggested, RTH must have its elevation set to lift it above trees or other obstacles.

And I'm not sure but I doubt many Minis can fly a mile. It is probably some other model.

check out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A lot will depend on what your actually looking for help in. If you are looking for developing skills for making good videos I would recommend " Drone Film Guide ". He does have some MM specific videos and some that he is using different drones, but even those provide helpful tips that you can apply to your using the MM. He also has a couple of free film guides that can be downloaded and a course for a fee " Drone Film Guide Master Class"

The web site is: Drone Film Guide

But his YouTube site is loaded with great instructional videos: YouTube Drone Film Guide

Also because of the light body color it is easy to lose the drone in the sky. You might want to get a skin for the bottom of your MM preferably some dark color combination to give you more contrast in the sky.. At dusk and dawn flying you would want to add a good strobe.

Last edited:
I have had my Mini for about month. I’m learning and getting better but would like to find tutorials so I can learn how to master the aircraft. Need to learn how to overcome the faear of a flyaway when you lose sight of the drone.
Seen lots of YouTube video. What do you guys recommend?

Thanks
Jigger
put a strobe light in your Mavic Mini so you can still see it on air. Be safe and always keep VLOS. Enjoy

Also, a bright skin is helpful if you're looking for it in a tree or even just in grass! I speak from experience. :rolleyes:

mikeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReDRuM702