DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilots in Sweden

ErikDF

Reactions
I am still waiting for my Mavic Pro. It was ordered through Scandinavian Photo in Stockholm

Can you fly with the Ban? Just interested how the Drone community is going and what they think of the ban?

I do not think this ban has stoped people from flying. However for people using drones for commercial photography the ban probably has an effect until the ongoing trial is finalized. At the moment there are four Swedish authorities involved in this and what is legal use of drones for one may be illegal for another. Hopefully these uncertainties will be solved when the trial is over.

Last edited:
That sounds a little more positive than we hear in the UK press. I have a friends in Sweden and I know one was interested to get a drone for pleasure so huge thank you for the information.

Personally I think a little more regulation will be a good thing but to blanket ban them is a little extreme and will only drive the business underground.

Good luck with the Trial, lets hope it all works out.

We will be visiting Swedish Laplands in April... I know it is rural, but are we allowed to fly there? When you read Transportstyrelsen it seems you can. But I am reading about complete bans from other forum folks.

We will be visiting Swedish Laplands in April... I know it is rural, but are we allowed to fly there? When you read Transportstyrelsen it seems you can. But I am reading about complete bans from other forum folks.

You will have some amazing scenery perfect for filming with drone!

I wouldn't care about the ban. I live in Sthlm and are a bit hesitant about flying IN the city but as long as you're a bit "low key" about it, do it outside central Sthlm etc it's not a problem. And in Lappland... no problemo! :D won't be a cop for miles and miles... You should definitely bring it!

Hi there guys, i'm looking for some help. Hope someone can help me out with this. First of all, let me introduce myself: my name is Stephan, 32 years and from The Netherlands. I'm a motorcycle journalist for a Dutch online bike magazine. This summer, i will be making a solo trip for a Dunlop tire review for about 4 weeks / 9000km through Denmark, Sweden, North Cape and back through Norway. Now i love making some good videos as a i'm a video editing enthusiast. Therefore, it would be really great to have some drone footage of myself riding through some nice landscapes. So, i was wondering, would there be a possibility to meet up with one of you guys to make some great shots of me?

You can contact met at stephan.de.ridder @ motormedia.nl (delete the spaces)

Thanks so much in advance. With kind regards, Stephan

Anyone know about flight restrictions around the Stockholm area? (Arlanda of course!)
I'm going to a wedding in June next year so I was planning on filming a bit to give the bride and groom a memorabilia.

I have contacted the airport in the region I stay, they were very helpfull and gave the number of the tower if there would be any questions.
If you get footage, don't forget that it has to be aproved before you publish. The procedure seems to be simple and is free of charge. As far as I am told, permissions will be granted in 99% of the cases, in other cases, the lantmäteriet will send you a mail with the things you need to edit out of the video.

I will be travelling to Sweden in August. Do you have to get approvement for all the footage if I want to publish it on YouTube?

If so, how and where do I have to get this approvement?

Yes, you do need to get the approval, but the procedure is relativly simple.

Here: Spridningstillstånd
do you get the information. I contacted the läntmateriet in advance and had a pleasent respons. The files can be up to 30 GB each, the video should not contain Text (I suppose they use kind of automated procedure to scan for certain things). The preciser you give the information of position, direction and duration of the flight, the faster you get the approval.
I was advised that I could always contact them, there are some exempts for the approval (where you don't need it afterall), but for not knowing the exact conditions on the parts you fly, they offer to simply check.
The procedure is free of charge.

I also contacted Skavsta Airport which is close to Jönåker where I will be in July. Beside the normal restrictions close to the airport, there was nothing to worry about. Got the phonenumber of the tower, if I was not sure, I should just give them a ring. The same if I wanted to do something extraordinary, they would be happy to help me.

Reactions: Stickybit
I got some footage near Rinkebysjön here in Sweden on saturdaymorning. I edited it and made it ready for publication (embeded in my vlog on youtube) and then got a big mug of coffee, ready to start the strugle with the aplication for a publishing permit.

Got on the website of the Landmäteriet, changed language in english and then filled out the form. Was amazingly easy. I sent of the form, expecting to get a link somewhere today or tomorrow, so I got up to get more coffee, as my email pinged: There was a response (I assume automated) with the link and casenumber to upload the file. Clicked the link, got the to the uploadpage. There, I was advised that i could not only upload the video but also the flightlog, so it would be easier for them to identify where the footage was made.

Chose the files, clicked on upload and...

Within a few minutes, the 348 MB Video and 2 MB Log were uploaded.

Now I am waiting for the release by the Landmäteriet, amazed how easy the process is.

I hope to shoot a lot of video and photo, so after that I guess I will overload this agency with information :)

I hope to shoot a lot of video and photo, so after that I guess I will overload this agency with information :)
It took efectivly less then 48 hours to get the permit. Second aplication is out, third will follow tomorrow. The permission is only requiered for footage take with an UAS, not for "normal" foto and/or video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98