DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilots using Litchi with VR

some good advise from Litchi today you may not know...
In theory this device should work well.

USB debugging should be off.

To improve the performance of your mobile device, please follow these guidelines:
- make sure there are no apps running in the background before you start Litchi
- make sure your mobile device is not in power saving mode (has various names on Android; called “Low Power Mode” on iOS)
- disable Internet (for example switch to airplane mode) to prevent the DJI development kit to continuously send analytics data while you fly
- make sure the Histogram is disabled (camera setting)
- do not use screen recording as that will increase the requirements a lot
- make sure “Full HD Stream” is disabled in the camera settings (for Mavic Pro/P4 Pro/Inspire 2)
- make sure there are no interferences where you fly

Kind Regards,
Litchi

my reply
Ok thanks ill try all this i tried it with usb debugging on and off.
will check camera settings.
It now has the latest version of goapp 4 firmware which took about an hour yesterday to install, I then deleted goapp as litchi won’t start…flew and it appeared to be the same with problems.
Should I downgrade goapp 4 or doesn’t this matter.
it did ask me at end of installation if I wanted to download NFZ maps and I ticked no.
If I disable the data and wifi ill then not have maps, my position for RTH and exact location in case mavic is lost?
Could be cashed before hand…let me know what to do here.
I found though with litchi if I put in airplane mode the RTH height was just at nought when I turned it on again 100m came back.
I thought live HD feed meant hd feed to my phone which has an HD screen and therefore better quality, I couldn’t then take 4k videos.
Simon

good advise
Hi,

In theory this device should work well.

USB debugging should be off.

To improve the performance of your mobile device, please follow these guidelines:
- make sure there are no apps running in the background before you start Litchi
- make sure your mobile device is not in power saving mode (has various names on Android; called “Low Power Mode” on iOS)
- disable Internet (for example switch to airplane mode) to prevent the DJI development kit to continuously send analytics data while you fly
- make sure the Histogram is disabled (camera setting)
- do not use screen recording as that will increase the requirements a lot
- make sure “Full HD Stream” is disabled in the camera settings (for Mavic Pro/P4 Pro/Inspire 2)
- make sure there are no interferences where you fly

Kind Regards,
Litchi

media file transfer to device
Litchi is the best VR for drone as it lets you fly in several flight modes such as waypoint, orbit etc, while watching in VR mode.
I do not know any tracker sorry about this.
Regarding video caching, we have this in our iOS version and hope to add it to android in a future update.

ALL OK NOW

Ive just had a flight around the garden and can report no faults now, miss the HD live feed but as you advise kept that off, altered power management how i said before, made sure usb de bugging off, although I had to turn this on to get the Xioami phone to work a few months ago.
put in airplane mode too, one of these must have fixed it will let you know after a long range test but blocking and pausing etc has gone.
hologram in camera couldn’t find this in phone.
Be good to put this info on your site with these details people may not know.
:-}

Litchi is working fine now here is my review and what settings to have

If sport mode doesn't work in Litchi, you need to go into go app and activate it in autonomous missions and agree to the warning, was wondering for days why it didn't come on as it used to.
I suppose ill have to delete goapp again to let Litchi work

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots