DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Platinum Slow Takeoff and Speed in Standard Mode

badtuna73

Reactions
Recently, my Mavic Pro started to in standard mode respond slow on takeoff and slightly unstable even though 12 satellites are connected. I have to use the sticks to keep it stable for a few seconds before (it appears) the drone locks into GPS. Speedwise I can only get 10mph. However, everything is good in sport mode --- take off and speed. I already recalibrated the compass and IMU to no avail. Also tried turning off avoidance sensors, making sure not in beginners mode, etc. I've been flying this drone for almost two years in California / Hawaii with no problems until now. Did anyone had this similar issue and possibly a fix? I hate to send this bird to DJI, especially if it could be just a simple fix that I may have overlooked? Thanks!

Does it do the same thing in an open area? Maybe you are taking off in atti mode and not gps mode. Is your mobile device in airplane mode??

Does it do the same thing in an open area? Maybe you are taking off in atti mode and not gps mode. Is your mobile device in airplane mode??
Thanks for your reply. Yes, it shows GPS mode before ready to takeoff. Tried airplane mode on and off but to no avail. I've been flying in the same locations where it flew normal in standard mode a week ago. Tried to simulate sport mode by turning off sensors, etc. but still the same. However, in real sport mode, it flies how it should fly--fast and responsive. I clocked at 39 mph.

Maybe needs more charge in Battery :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato