DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 and Dji goggles ( white)

Buckeyebob

Reactions
I just purchased the mavic 2 pro and picked up a set of the white dji goggles i paired the two with no problems but when i fly i get about 30-40 feet and it says " lost signal " on my controller... Is that as far as i can get wirelessly im using for kids to view them while flying and trying not to have to hook hdmi cable to them?

I just purchased the mavic 2 pro and picked up a set of the white dji goggles i paired the two with no problems but when i fly i get about 30-40 feet and it says " lost signal " on my controller... Is that as far as i can get wirelessly im using for kids to view them while flying and trying not to have to hook hdmi cable to them?
Is all firmware up to date on both? Are these items new or used? That is way to short of range you should be getting, something is wrong/defective. BTW Go Bucks...I live in "Clemsonland" now (Former Columbus/Johnstown) and the Bucks better get them this year...tired of listening to the haters here. :p

Last edited:
I have the exact same setup as you and I can go much further, although I have only tried it out to around a few thousand feet. It’s possible you are getting interference. The Goggles only use 2.4Ghz which can be more susceptible. It’s also possible that some thing is defective.

I have the same setup and have researched this a lot. When I originally had the M1P, the white goggles worked great. I used the same goggles with the M2P and the range was greatly reduced, unusable. I then returned the goggles and got new ones. Same issue. The problem is the OccuSync (at 2.4GHz) used on the M2P is not optimized for the white goggles.

By the way, something to consider. The transmitted RF is literally wrapped around your head (the drone uses a link directly from the goggles, not controller). It has considerably more power than a cell phone.

I've done 5,000 meter + with white goggles and M2Z before
Think you must have a fault, or an incorrect setting, even with quite bad interference in 2.4, you should not get the very limited distance your reporting.

Make sure your controller has linked to the drone before you switch on the goggles. Once the controller shows a green light, switch on goggles and link via quick linking in goggles settings, and link button on drone. This will disconnect the drone from controller if you watch the go 4 app, but automatically re links all 3.
It may be the goggles are linking directly to the drone instead of via controller plus it's own link.

Reactions: bonzo
I want to be sure I understand. What I have been doing to switch over to the goggles is simply to rebind the drone to the goggles (use menu in goggles and press button on drone until green). The controller is then no longer dual 2.4/5.2 anymore, it stays on 2.4 of course. When I put away the goggles I then rebind the drone to the controller (and it goes back to 2.4/5.2)

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

I want to be sure I understand. What I have been doing to switch over to the goggles is simply to rebind the drone to the goggles (use menu in goggles and press button on drone until green). The controller is then no longer dual 2.4/5.2 anymore, it stays on 2.4 of course. When I put away the goggles I then rebind the drone to the controller (and it goes back to 2.4/5.2)

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
I turn on and off the goggles all the time and never have to re-bind to either controller or goggles. Once paired they automatically connect. The only exception is after some firmware updates.

Reactions: Aloha-Dave
You use the quick linking in the goggles to link when the drone is already connected to the remote.
As Ken confirms, you only have to do this once (pressing the link button on the drone).
Thereafter, just switch on the drone, MAKE SURE IT IS CONNECTED TO THE CONTROLLER FIRST, then just switch on the goggles.
They will automatically disconnect the controller, then reconnect all 3, and you're ready to go

Reactions: Phoenix Drone
I get ranges of over 2 miles without picture breakup. However, I have a mavic pro as well, and if I change between the drones, I have to relink with the button on the drone and quick linking, as it has a different setup for the mavic 2 series.
Make sure you have updated them using dji assistant 2, as they were not loaded with the mavic 2 setup originally.

Thanks for the inputs. The only way I can get the remote control back to dual (2.4 / 5.8) mode is to resync the M2P to the remote control. If I just turn off the goggles the remote will only work on 2.4.

Thanks for the inputs. The only way I can get the remote control back to dual (2.4 / 5.8) mode is to resync the M2P to the remote control. If I just turn off the goggles the remote will only work on 2.4.
Not normal. I have never had to re-sync my controller or goggles since I first got them over two years ago and many flights.

Since the white (non RE) goggles use only 2.4GHz, when you use them, the remote will follow and use only 2.4GHz. The only way to get the remote back using dual mode (2.4 and 5.8) is to relink the remote to the M2P (with goggles off). Anyone else have my issue? It does not seem normal based on the feedback here.

I finally get what you say, which is interesting and correct. The mp2 was added after the white goggles were released, and as you say, the whole system resyncs to 2.4, and stays there, until you relink without adding goggles.
Testing to see if the same happens with the mop, will let you know

Have the same issue. M2P with white goggles. I had a disconnect at about 1000ft and that k god RTH kicked in. Testing more this weekend at a mountainside with little traffic and population. If it still disconnects, I will send this back for a warranty replacement/repair. I remember I could go well over 5k on the Mavic Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929