DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 app and download query

Chrissy Sparks

Reactions
HI there. I am new to this forum so not sure if I am asking the question in the right place. I have 2 questions. First one is to ask if anyone knows how I can fix the problem of my DJI app wanting to refresh at the most inconvenient moments when you don't have Wifi. I don't fly it unless I can see where I am going on my iPhone. Second question is when I download the photos and vides to my Mac from my Drone, a grey line comes up and an X on the top left hand corner of some of the photos. Not all. Just some. Can anyone help me understanding the reason? I can still open the photos but just wondering why some have it and not others. Sorry if these are stupid questions.

No apology needed. Questions are answered in the order they are received.
Wifi isn’t needed to fly an m2 series aircraft. Maybe I’m not reading well this morning(still on the first cup) so, more detail on that may help. Your phone should be on airplane mode if not already.
The picture question will need to be answered by someone else as I’ve not seen that one.

If you power off your quad while still recording, the recording won't be closed and will appear damaged. Powering back on with same SD card should fix it.

Are you sure the file you're looking at is a video file? SRT files for close caption info about the flight is also saved if enabled.

Thank you for your replies Starz and DanMan32. Re my first question Starz, I realise I can fly the drone without wifi but my DJI app won't open until an update is completed and I need wifi for that. As I am always remote when this happens, it wont update and then I cannot control the drone from my app. does that make sense? I just dont know how to stop this from occurring because even if I turn off auto update, it still does it occasionally. Re the 2nd question, thanks DanMan32. I actually remove the sd card & insert into a card reader to transfer the files? And yes, they are video and jpg files. Usually its just the jpeg files that has the grey line across the bottom and the X in the corner though. I have googled this issue but can't find anyone else mentioning it?

updates are not issued on a regular basis, so you should not see them very often. It may be possible that whatever update you did, may not have completely installed which could be the reason it keeps telling you that it needs to be done. If your internet connection is lacking, that could be the culprit. My suggestion would be to remedy that possible internet issue and try the install again. Certainly worth a try.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe