DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 Problem changing Video Settings

Tomwashington

Reactions
New 12/20 Mavic Pro 2. Latest DJI App

For the life of me I can't get to a menu to allow me to change from 4k to lower settings or change from MOV to MP4. All youtube videos are at least several years old and it looks like the app has changed. Tried everyone and yes, it is powered on and I have selected the video icon on the right and then went through the menus.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I checked the past forums postings and can't find anything relevant.

Will the settings not change, or are you having difficulty finding where the settings are? If the latter, I feel your pain. The settings for many functions are illogically placed. After 4 months with a M2P I still struggle to find settings, especially once in the air. Just the other day I wanted to do a panorama shot and couldn't find the damned settings while my bird was up in the air. I had to settle for basic shots.

I know what I have to do is just practice going through all the features, particularly the ones that I will hardly use.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Will the settings not change, or are you having difficulty finding where the settings are? If the latter, I feel your pain. The settings for many functions are illogically placed. After 4 months with a M2P I still struggle to find settings, especially once in the air. Just the other day I wanted to do a panorama shot and couldn't find the damned settings while my bird was up in the air. I had to settle for basic shots.

I know what I have to do is just practice going through all the features, particularly the ones that I will hardly use.
Just can't find them at all. Tried everything.

Touch the icon directly below the shutter/start stop. It looks like 3 horizon lines with offset little circles on them. At the top then, the three icons will have all of the camera settings.

Touch the icon directly below the shutter/start stop. It looks like 3 horizon lines with offset little circles on them. At the top then, the three icons will have all of the camera settings.
one would think so. However I have the option for AUTO A S M and that is it. The little arrow at the bottom just takes you to stored pictures and video. There are no other options on the screen. I even hit the manual setting to see if something popped up, but no. Again. no menu to either change video format or any adjustments at all.

the top of the screen icons are for the video mode, which I made sure I was in, the camera icon, and a setting icon. Nothing in the setting icon that relates to settings for your video mode or format.

one would think so. However I have the option for AUTO A S M and that is it. The little arrow at the bottom just takes you to stored pictures and video. There are no other options on the screen. I even hit the manual setting to see if something popped up, but no. Again. no menu to either change video format or any adjustments at all.

the top of the screen icons are for the video mode, which I made sure I was in, the camera icon, and a setting icon. Nothing in the setting icon that relates to settings for your video mode or format.
UPDATE: BELOW IS A SCREEN SHOT OF MY MENU SCREEN. NOTHING ANYWHERE TO ADJUST OR CHANGE VIDEO SETTINGS OR FORMAT

Attachments

• IMG_4068.jpeg
    IMG_4068.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 25
UPDATE: Apparently you have to be in camera mode, not video mode. I was able to access the menu. However, it is accessed from the Camera Icon after hitting the video icon from the main screen. Why, I don't know and am only posting as there are a bunch of unanswered threads in searches.

Thanks to those who chimed in. Its a head scratcher and I hope this helps someone else going through this.

I think you have it backwards. It seems you were in photo mode and needed to be in video mode.
I know thats what I thought too. I made sure to be in video mode on the main screen. Hit the little three bar icon which brings up the sub menu. At the top was still in video mode. By default was in the far left or video mode on entering the sub menu. Clicked on the center icon, the camera, and then the menu came up. Unless I am missing something here. Again, only trying to post my frustration as when I went on line to search for answer found dozens of similar requests for help with no clear answers. Videos are all quite old and it looks like the software has changed somewhat since launch? Very confusing for new users.

Soon after I purchased my MP2 I also felt “lost” on menu navigation. Trying to learn that while flying really didn’t work. Then I went back to basic flying ground school from my early fixed wing training. Here’s my tip for new owners:
At a table in your house or patio (better GPS), with the manual, and with the aircraft and controller activated but props not turning and a cup of coffee plan on spending two full batteries (45 min) learning the cockpit of your aircraft/camera system. All buttons, camera modes, exposure adjustments etc can be explored and notes taken. In one hour you can get comfortable so that you don’t have to “explore” and “discover” while airborne. In military aviation, cockpit, instrument, and systems knowledge is demonstrated and tested on the ground BEFORE flying. Probably a good practice for our “little” aircraft. Just a suggestion

Reactions: navegabem
There are many settings that aren’t in a logical position but after awhile you get used to it. It’s like anything technical you’ve got to do it over and over again before you learn all the different nuances that allow you to be proficient with your own skills.
Camera settings were the hardest things for me to learn.

I know thats what I thought too. I made sure to be in video mode on the main screen. Hit the little three bar icon which brings up the sub menu. At the top was still in video mode. By default was in the far left or video mode on entering the sub menu. Clicked on the center icon, the camera, and then the menu came up. Unless I am missing something here. Again, only trying to post my frustration as when I went on line to search for answer found dozens of similar requests for help with no clear answers. Videos are all quite old and it looks like the software has changed somewhat since launch? Very confusing for new users.
Is it possible that your are trying this with the drone off and not connected? The camera mode will not change in this case. At least mine won’t.

Set it up on your computer.. easier to sesrch through settings. If you have access to a CS you can easily change them there.

Set it up on your computer.. easier to sesrch through settings. If you have access to a CS you can easily change them there.
How can you do that? What's a CS?

I think DJI could have done a better job with their menus and settings. As an example, with the Minis, you know what you're in because the orange button is video and while is photo. But with the Mavic 2, video is the orange button with the WHITE circle around it which always gets me out of my head space because conceptually it is the opposite.

I was flying my M2 the other day and wanted to go into the panorama photo mode and while up in the air was trying to find the settings and as my battery was getting low I didn't have time to play with it. And I don't recall if the issue is the the M2 or the Mini 2, but one of them (maybe both?) if you go into one of the automated modes you have to change there resolution in a separate area. What's up with that? Just another menu thing that can trip up the unsuspecting novice when one setting should include all modes.

I'd be willing to bet that the guys that write the software for these things don't fly an awful lot. A lot could be so much more intuitive... and the same from model to model.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121