DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro 2 problem with the gimbal?

Reactions
Hi all,

Singe i've bought my dji mavic pro 2 drone, these white flashes appear when i move the gimbal. it happens when i'm filming and when i'm taking pictures. I've attached a screen capture of my iphone screen as an example.
Can i do anything to solve the problem, or shall i take it to the service centre.

Thanks,
G

Ok, this could be a gimbal cable that has a hairline fracture. Try this. Power Up Mavic 2 . Connect to remote controller and device. Leave bird idling on table. Carefully tap the camera/ gimbal assembly while observing the real time video feed.

Do you see the white momentary flashes? Dont tap it too hard just enough to jostle the gimbal assembly a bit.

Reactions: georgianmavic2
Ok, this could be a gimbal cable that has a hairline fracture. Try this. Power Up Mavic 2 . Connect to remote controller and device. Leave bird idling on table. Carefully tap the camera/ gimbal assembly while observing the real time video feed.

Do you see the white momentary flashes? Dont tap it too hard just enough to jostle the gimbal assembly a bit.

Thanks for the reply BD0G. I've recalibrated the gimbal, and the momentary flashes stoped when the drone is on video mode. But when i changed it to camera mode and tapped on a gimbal a bit, or moved the gimbal, the flashes appeared... So you think its a mechanical problem?...

Interesting. What device is being used? Have you just tried the shotgun approach by writing down all of your settings in DJIGO4 . Then removing the application. Reboot Device and then reinstalling DJIGO4?

Interesting. What device is being used? Have you just tried the shotgun approach by writing down all of your settings in DJIGO4 . Then removing the application. Reboot Device and then reinstalling DJIGO4?

I'm using an iphone x and a huawei mate 10 pro. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the apps on both phones. I've even tried it on a iphone 7 plus. same problem persists...

I have been having this problem intermittently for the last month and its steadily become worse. I called the place I purchased the drone from today and they advised me that this is a gimbal / camera problem that they are aware of (DJI). I am waiting for my drone to be sent off to them for repair as I am only 2 months into my warranty!

Just thought I would let you know dude.

So it looks like i’m not the only one having this problem. I’ve went yesterday to the place i’ve bought the drone and DJi also told them is a “ gimbal malfunction” and it needs to be sent to China for repairs :( . I’ve bought it in the Philippines and since they can’t fix it here, they have to send it there.

I’ve also discovered that the gimbal/camera has only 6 months warranty and I had only 2 weeks left of it!!! If these gimbals are so fragile why do they make the warranty so short? :(

Good point. I have no idea, we can only hope whatever they use to replace the faulty gimbal and camera that the issue has been solved and it doesn't happen again!

Personally, regardless if you’re able to correct the problem on your own - you should still have it repaired under warranty. As big of an inconvenience as it may be; it will correct the problem “the right way” and leave a documentation trail should the issue prove to be systemic in the future, requiring further correction.

Personally, regardless if you’re able to correct the problem on your own - you should still have it repaired under warranty. As big of an inconvenience as it may be; it will correct the problem “the right way” and leave a documentation trail should the issue prove to be systemic in the future, requiring further correction.

yeah, you're right. i hope they'll fix it and it will not have this problem in the future

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming