DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 RC distance

MichaelDiggs

Reactions
I finally got in a clean line of sight test done. No trees. No power lines. Nothing. Just plain air space. I tried putting my controller in 2.4Ghz, 5.8Ghz and dual mode. 5.8Ghz seemed to work best but even with a prestine line of sight I was only able to get 4200 feet, which isn't a mile. After that the video would start to drop out. I hear about pilots getting 3-4 miles range out of their remotes. Do I have a defective drone? I have re-flashed the firmware on all devices as DJI recommended. Made sure my antenna's were flipped up in the right direction. Tried changing the frequency during flight, and according to the screen I "should" be able to get 4KM out of it easily. I tried using the side USB port on the controller and the middle one. I hear they both do the same thing and won't make a difference, but I tried both anyway. I calibrated my IMU, compass, went over all the settings I could possibly find and same thing. For a drone that advertises such long distances and I can only get less than 1 mile before video drops there must be an issue with the antenna/RC or the receiving electronics of the bird. Really I'm not looking to fly out 5 miles everytime I take a flight, I'll rarely ever do that...but some times those instances where I'm over beautiful land I would love just to keep going to get some good video. I'm very frustrated spending this much and can't even go over a mile with video. I'm using an iPAD air 2 with the latest image. I have yet to try my Android Galaxy or smaller iPhone 7. Please, any suggestions? Here are some screen shots I took of the frequency screen in case you are interested.

mavicsignal1.jpg
mavicsignal2.jpg
mavicsignal3.jpg
mavicsignal4.jpg
mavicsignal5.jpg
mavicsignal6.jpg
mavicsignal7.jpg
mavicsignal8.jpg

where?

Make sure your at least 300ft up for long distance the further you go best to be higher
yes you should be getting a lot better than you are at the moment I get a lot better now because am using FCC mod.but I still got better than you in CE mode

Make sure your at least 300ft up for long distance the further you go best to be higher
yes you should be getting a lot better than you are at the moment I get a lot better now because am using FCC mod.but I still got better than you in CE mode
How did you get FCC mode?

Is it easy to use? Am not wanting to change anything other than the signal boost. Can you download there software on a mac?

Thanks

Has anyone else had problems trying to get there drone to sync with the nld software?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki