DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 + Smart Controller App Crash

Sn4pper

Reactions
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can advise and put my mind to rest!

I've had two flights recently (not same day) where I flew at distance but not miles and miles away.

The DJI Go 4 App crashed on the smart control and the drone returned to home.

Has anyone experienced this or similar? It's very un-nerving.

Thanks

Hi,

I've had two flights recently (not same day) where I flew at distance but not miles and miles away.

Thanks
I use M2Z with SC. Before each flight I make sure no other apps are running by going to Recent from the pull down menu. Then I close all other apps that appear on the screen...even DJI Go4. Then I restart DJI Go4. For me it has considerably reduced any GO4 crashes.

Reactions: Tasos GR
I’ve had the Go 4 app on the SC crash frequently although never had this activate RTH. When I bought the M2P with SC in 2019 I returned the SC TO DJI and they replaced it. But still have the problem. I just restart the App, doesn’t cause any problems but is annoying.

I find that if you just restart the Go4 App then everything is fine (unless u were in the middle of one of the Intelligent Flight modes). No need to land In my opinion. You know that you don’t need the App the fly the drone, the App just makes It safer (establishes home pt) and easier to do more maneuvers.

Hi,

Thanks
If it returned to home, the entire controller must have shutdown. The AC will continue to fly without the app, and you would just be able to restart the app and get the video feed back. Maybe you actually went out of range for some reason. Maybe folks much more knowledgeable than I will have some ideas. It just would seem a GO4 crash or shutdown, shouldn't cause a RTH by itself.

Hi,

Thanks
I had a similar problem a little more than a year ago. The app would crash just about every time I flew. I would be able to restart the SC and the app and regain control, but talk about annoying and upsetting! I looked into the logs that are stored on the Smart Controller, and found the reason for the Go4 app crash was that the SC had run out of memory. I had downloaded all the maps of my area, so, I thought, I would have the maps I needed for where ever I might fly. When I deleted all these saved maps, and also cleared the video cache, I never had the problem again. I was never able to find out exactly where the SC stored all the maps, but deleting them and clearing the video cache did solve the problem. This is not a new issue, so if you search the forums you will find the conversations I had with the very helpful people here. It was around November and December of 2019.

I had a similar problem a little more than a year ago. The app would crash just about every time I flew. I would be able to restart the SC and the app and regain control, but talk about annoying and upsetting! I looked into the logs that are stored on the Smart Controller, and found the reason for the Go4 app crash was that the SC had run out of memory. I had downloaded all the maps of my area, so, I thought, I would have the maps I needed for where ever I might fly. When I deleted all these saved maps, and also cleared the video cache, I never had the problem again. I was never able to find out exactly where the SC stored all the maps, but deleting them and clearing the video cache did solve the problem. This is not a new issue, so if you search the forums you will find the conversations I had with the very helpful people here. It was around November and December of 2019.
Hello. Just curious, are you running the current firmware on the SC? I'm a new owner of the M2P w/SC and I've had a few issues on my initial flights. One, the falling back to the DJI Go Fly Screen during flight (maybe my finger/thumb techniques), Two, I've had two occasions where it just crashed/quit and I had to relaunch the app. I haven't had the bird long enough to even have a Video Cache, but I did load maps when I was setting it up the first time. I'm on Mac, and finally got Assistant to work and have downgraded to .860 to see if that helps. The only other software that I've loaded onto the SC is the Amazon App Store and Litchi.

Thanks!

Hello. Just curious, are you running the current firmware on the SC? I'm a new owner of the M2P w/SC and I've had a few issues on my initial flights. One, the falling back to the DJI Go Fly Screen during flight (maybe my finger/thumb techniques), Two, I've had two occasions where it just crashed/quit and I had to relaunch the app. I haven't had the bird long enough to even have a Video Cache, but I did load maps when I was setting it up the first time. I'm on Mac, and finally got Assistant to work and have downgraded to .860 to see if that helps. The only other software that I've loaded onto the SC is the Amazon App Store and Litchi.

Thanks!
Yes, I am running the latest firmware on the SC. Loading just a few maps shouldn't cause the problem, I don't think. To really find out the cause, you need to look at the files on the SC, and find one called "Crash Log", or something like that. I found it on mine, and it said the cause was that it ran out of memory. That lead me to the conclusion that I had too many maps loaded, and when I deleted most of them, I no longer had the problem. Check those logs to see exactly why it crashed. My crashes haven't happened for over a year, so of of course it was different firmware back then.

Yes, I am running the latest firmware on the SC. Loading just a few maps shouldn't cause the problem, I don't think. To really find out the cause, you need to look at the files on the SC, and find one called "Crash Log", or something like that. I found it on mine, and it said the cause was that it ran out of memory. That lead me to the conclusion that I had too many maps loaded, and when I deleted most of them, I no longer had the problem. Check those logs to see exactly why it crashed. My crashes haven't happened for over a year, so of of course it was different firmware back then.
Thanks for the reply. I did go the Reset/Refresh route to current firmware, and the results yesterday were outstanding. Not one hiccup or warning. Also picked up a set of longer sticks that will keep my fingers further away from the screen, and did not have any flip-backs to the GoFly screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54