DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2

how strong winds can you fly your Mavic 2 pro ?
There's no simple number.
The answer depends on what you are wanting to do and the direction of the wind.
But your drone can hold position in winds of 20 knots and a bit more.
Be aware that winds up high will always be stronger than what you observe on the ground.

There's no simple number.
The answer depends on what you are wanting to do and the direction of the wind.
But your drone can hold position in winds of 20 knots and a bit more.
Be aware that winds up high will always be stronger than what you observe on the ground.

Thanks you

Also when wind is strong you may have to switch to the “sports mode” to fight the wind. Watch the battery. The flying time will be much shorter.

curious to know how sports mode will help in stronger winds
asking for a friend

:)

asking for a friend

it increases the angle of attack so that the props provide more forwards thrust hence sport mode

Reactions: Andz
asking for a friend

It’s quite simple. Maximum speed of Mavic is different in regular vs sports mode. My numbers may not be correct but let’s say maximum speed in regular mode is 20mph while the maximum speed in sports mode is 30mph. If the wind is about 25mph there is no way Mavic will be able to fly and return home if you fly it in regular mode. However, when you switch to sports mode it should be fine. You may want to tweak your EXP setting for the sports mode to make sure the drone rotation and turning are bit less sensitive.

Reactions: Andz
And one more piece of info - if you fly away with the wind, remember it will take more battery power to return against the wind. So don't push it too far.

All of the above is great info... I mean, this information is so important. We used to get a post a day where someone tried to fly back against the wind without enough battery and so it lands... whever it is when it hits 10 % it will start to land. You might be able to change that but I would not. I have seen the battery drop 10 percent in less than a min flying against the wind I was in the desert so when it forced landed I was ok. Once I cleaned the poop out of my pants, I make sure that I plan my flight so that I get back with 30 percent battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf