DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 5d button not working

Reactions
Wonder if anyone else has run into this. running latest firmware on Mavic Pro and it's controller. latest dji go4

all was working fine last time I flew a week ago. retrieved the drone from its carry case and heard something hit the floor. turns out it was the 5 d button.

put it back on but it's going to come off again as its a loose fit. discovered at the field that the 5 d functions no longer work. no ability to toggle camera up/down. no zoom no nothing. the only thing that works is toggle to send from flight modes on press down of 5d but cannot use button to navigate the flight modes.

touching the screen allows flight mode selection. suspect the problem is the pot under the button. appreciate any thoughts on why the 5d no longer works as designed? no other problem with the controller.

did a factory reset and re bind but the problem is still there. the gimbal works fine tilting up and down if I assign it to C1 or C2.

thanks for any wisdom or sharing of your experience .

Last edited:
Well isn't that special. Found the button board is a difficult part to find but an easy one to replace. My dog could do it for simplicity. Could do it in 20 minutes max. BUT....when I located a couple at different places the reply is its a "repair only part" Meaning send in the controller and drone for repair. Charge....115.00 plus shipping both ways and to make it even better the only Canadian company with the part is in Halifax all the way across Canada. Unimpressive especially for a button that appears to be prone to falling off or becoming damaged. For those looking for the board it's Part number CP.PT.S00058....and....it's doesn't come with the button....buy that separate and also not a dji listed part.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851