DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro and Google Pixel 2

Estate

Reactions
Does anyone know if the Google pixel 2 is actually supported by the DJI Go 4 app?

I have updated both the Drone and the controller, I also have the newest version of the app on my Google pixel 2

When I tried to go in enter my device, it says it's still disconnected. I've tried connecting to the top micro USB port and the bottom USB port still no luck.

Is anyone using the Google pixel 2 with the mavic? Please help

That's a real bummer, I didn't consider this before trading in my iPhone 6. I'm up for a Hawaii trip in the coming week and I guess I won't be able to use it until something gets updated

That's a real bummer, I didn't consider this before trading in my iPhone 6. I'm up for a Hawaii trip in the coming week and I guess I won't be able to use it until something gets updated
Don't hold your breath. Better to buy one of the cheaper Androids on the recommended list, and dedicate that just to drone use. You don't need to have a cell phone plan for it -- you can get offline maps ahead of time over wifi.
I'm a convert from iPhone 6 as well....now using a OnePlus3 which works great -- though it may not always. DJI largely pays attention to Samsung and Apple...and even with them it's hit and miss.

Last edited:
Try to turn remote on turn mavic on plug in phone. Then while still plugged in and to remote, reboot the phone.... Let me know what happens

I can vouch that the Google Pixel (1) running android 8.0.0 using the latest version of the dji go4 app does work. I have been using this setup flying my MP for about 6 months now.

Disable bluetooth and turn on airplane mode. I was experiencing same issues with my Pixel 2 XL and that did the trick after someone suggested it in this forum. I did do a full restart on the phone as well before making the settings changes

Reactions: Pasomonte
My Mavic worked perfectly with Google Pixel 1 (android 7.3 and 8) and google pixel 2.

I had the pixel 2 working with the Magic Pro then encountered a problem which I haven't managed to reverse.

It seems I changed the settings with the phone when prompted to as I connected it to the controller.

The phone reacts to how it's connected. I think what has changed is that the phone considers the controller as a power source only.

I have no idea how to change it back.

I have been running my Mavic Pro with the Pixel 2 for just over 2 weeks. I have been enjoying the Pixel 2 and the performance has been great.

I have used 4 different applications to fly during this period, DJI Go, Drone Harmony, DroneDeploy, and Litchi.

This past Monday I flew all day long and by the end of the day, I was experiencing numerous crashes in the DJI Go 4 application. It could be the phone and SDK had enough after a full day of flying 2 Mavics, a total of 8 + full batteries, and using 3 applications (DJI Go, Drone Harmony, and DroneDeploy. I'm not that worried since I usually don't fly extensively in one day like this!

The Pixel 2 worked fine on the very first try, but then would not work on the second attempt. I looked at the phone and noticed it seemed to be in a loop disconnecting and reconnecting the USB connection. I rebooted the phone, cleared the app, and they did not help.

What did get it to work is to turn on USB debugging on the Pixel 2. Once that is activated the Pixel 2 works great with the Mavic Pro!

Debugging mode via developer mode:
-->Settings-->System-->About Phone
Click on Build Number 7 times
You will now have an option for () Developer Mode
Enable USB Debugging and go fly!

I have been using the OEM USB C cable that came with the Mavic. I have not tested a 3rd party cable in flight yet.
I did try to do a joystick calibration using a 3rd party USB C cable from the bottom port and was not able to complete it successfully, it kept timing out. This is the reason I haven't tried it in flight yet. The OEM cable wasn't perfect either but seemed to be a good amount better than the 3rd party one.
I will give it a try sometime soon though.

Flew 2 full batteries in DJI Go today with only one hiccup.
At one point in Activetrack the screen went black almost like DJI restarted but it came back right away with the subject still locked correctly.
Flew half a battery on Litchi with no problem.
Also did a short flight on second Mavic in Go with no issues.

I have been using the OEM USB C cable that came with the Mavic. I have not tested a 3rd party cable in flight yet.
I did try to do a joystick calibration using a 3rd party USB C cable from the bottom port and was not able to complete it successfully, it kept timing out. This is the reason I haven't tried it in flight yet. The OEM cable wasn't perfect either but seemed to be a good amount better than the 3rd party one.
I will give it a try sometime soon though.
Just try the standard charging cable which came with your phone. Usually these cables work fine with the Mavic remote.
The supplied short cable for the side connector is very sensitive for damage, maybe even out of the box. I had to replace it quite early.

Just try the standard charging cable which came with your phone. Usually these cables work fine with the Mavic remote.
The supplied short cable for the side connector is very sensitive for damage, maybe even out of the box. I had to replace it quite early.
Not possible with the Pixel 2, the supplied cable is C--C.

I had the same issue on my trip, the fix was to reset phone and disable bluetooth and enable airplane mode. I have a Pixel 2 XL as well. Some others in the forum suggested a new cable but I was in Martinique and that wasn't an option.

I had problems with disconnect on my Pixel 2 XL initially. I then set up USB debugging and put it in airplane mode. I also put on "Donot disturb" I haven't had any problems since I made those changes about 10 batteries ago.

Reactions: Jasper2000
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic