DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO BATTERY CHARGING

cheolk

Reactions
Mavic Pro battery, how long it takes to charge the battery.
there are 4 green dots meaning each dot is 25%.
I do not want to charge 100%, only 95% as advised by some members.
Can anybody tell me each green dot [25%] takes how long to charge.

95% ..well I guess I have been doing the 5 batteries I keep with mine all wrong since the mavic came out .
I have always kept mine topped off full and have never had any issues with them.

I read it in this forum or DJI Forum that if fully charged it is 1 charge . So recommended to charge less than 100 like 95.
If fully charged, the battery is stressed.

I also wonder if I set the ac to return at 30% of battery, then if I fly I better charge to at least 90+ otherwise I will be in trouble.
1 green dot is around 30 minutes. I wonder anyone monitor this as I like to charge to 97% and not 100.

Read up on the MP manual. The batteries will swell if left in storage at full charge for an extended period, so they built circuitry into the batteries to automatically dissipate some of that charge after so many days (10, I think). So, not to worry, charge them up, but don't keep topping them off on a regular basis, unless you're planning to fly shortly thereafter.

Mavic Pro battery, how long it takes to charge the battery.
there are 4 green dots meaning each dot is 25%.
I do not want to charge 100%, only 95% as advised by some members.
Can anybody tell me each green dot [25%] takes how long to charge.
I dont know if DJI does this but I have read that some lipo chargers are set to charge only to 95% to extent battery life. Does anyone know if this is the case for the Maciv chargers? I use a charging hub that might even be doing this for you already.

Perhaps 100% is not 100% of the LiPo, just like 0% is not 0% of the LiPo. It's called intelligent battery after all. Surely DJI won't expect users to almost fully charge their batteries. I think OP is overthinking this.

Reactions: dirkclod
It very well might show full charge at 95% or whatever as you guys say myself don't doubt that
but I do know this for a fact .
At 1% the motors stop . Mine did and afraid I was not on the ground . Same with one of my phantoms .
Was just pushing them doing range test and ran into some headwind and made my timing off .
I was trying to get to a spot at 10% when auto land kicked in but the % dropped from 10 to 1 before I could .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan