DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

From what I can find in the owners manual it looks like the Smart Battery is a LiPo 3S meaning it is 3 cells wired in series. It has a nominal voltage of 11.4 volts or 3.8 volts per cell. Most LiPo sites recommend not wiring them in parallel. I believe the other pins on the battery not supplying the nominal voltage are connected to each cell to send info to the Mavic's mother board. It can then be transmitted back to the battery info on the Smart Phone or tablet so the battery condition including the balance of each cell can be viewed on the app during operation.
I really don't care since I purchased 9 Smart Batteries and 3 chargers that charge 3 batteries each simultaneously.
After running them down in a day it is time to go play on my GoldWing motorcycle ;).

Uhh...yes.?! Series means you add voltage and capacity stays the same. Parallel you keep voltage and add capacity (eg. 6s1p/ 2s2p).
Adding external packs in parallel is not new. The reason it's done can vary. I just want the ability to stay airborne longer, not a 1000 unmodded smartpacks can help me with that. Maybe i'm missing the point in what you're trying to explain.

Uhh...yes.?! Series means you add voltage and capacity stays the same. Parallel you keep voltage and add capacity (eg. 6s1p/ 2s2p).
Adding external packs in parallel is not new. The reason it's done can vary. I just want the ability to stay airborne longer, not a 1000 unmodded smartpacks can help me with that. Maybe i'm missing the point in what you're trying to explain.
Someone implied the stock Smart Battery cells are wired in parallel. I don't think the motors would rev very fast on 3.8 volts :oops:.
Adding additional LiPo 3S packs in parallel to the proper pins would give a longer run time although I don't believe any additional run-time or cell info would be transmitted back to the transmitter display :confused:.
I was a part time designer/manufacturer of circuit boards for CB equipment and devices to discharge Ni-Cad battery packs for Radio Control Aircraft but the LiPo types are new to me at the moment. Sorry for any confusion :).

Someone implied the stock Smart Battery cells are wired in parallel. I don't think the motors would rev very fast on 3.8 volts :oops:.
Adding additional LiPo 3S packs in parallel to the proper pins would give a longer run time although I don't believe any additional run-time or cell info would be transmitted back to the transmitter display :confused:.
I was a part time designer/manufacturer of circuit boards for CB equipment and devices to discharge Ni-Cad battery packs for Radio Control Aircraft but the LiPo types are new to me at the moment. Sorry for any confusion :).
The projected runtime is updated. It starts pessimistic but adjusts to an appropriate value as the flight progresses.

NOTE: THIS MOD AS EXECUTED HERE DOES NOT WORK!! PLEASE CONTINUE READING THREAD FOR FURTHER INFO!!
In case you have not gone thru this thread:
You can add ext battery with an adapter, i have this now and got bored using it.
You can mod the mavic by adding power cables but this means things sticking out of it even if you do not use it for extended endurance.
Or you mod the individual batteries, several ways to do it (still not too expensive if screwed up)
These batteries will be dedicated for longer flights.
Edit: unfortunately the power leads are not placed symmetrical under the hood and need big holes to push the iron in to get those suckers joined.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60