DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Just educated guess bub. Had to retreive mine numerous times not making it back except once;).
Edit: Will be doing LR again hopefully end of next week, need direct mod on Loki and wires didn't arrive yet. Cannot get myself to use battery clip, do not trust them tiny contact area's.
All you have to do is touch each leg with a little bit of solder and it works perfect. I'm still running the clip on mine now without any problems.

back in the Flytrex tracker days, when I would lose my bird in a tree lot I could check out the elevation report to see if it was on the ground or stuck in the tree before I even made the hike to go get it[emoji41]

Flytrex had it all man. What happened to those guys.

back in the Flytrex tracker days, when I would lose my bird in a tree lot I could check out the elevation report to see if it was on the ground or stuck in the tree before I even made the hike to go get it[emoji41]

You can get this in google earth / airdata today.

1) In your Airdata flight navigate to General=>Notifications=>Download-KML.
2) Open the KML file in Google Earth on your computer.
3) Navigate to the last event number on the Google Earth screen.
4) On the left menu bar, single click the event ID (21 in this example).
5) It will display the last reported altitude from your bird (see attached below).

This is how I found my prior crash that was up in a tree.

dronemods-212.png

Reactions: Japtastic
Too windy for flying and was busy doing some landscaping. I did however dispose of some puffed up ticking time bombs that always made me paranoid!
ded773ed4e2d16aeb87efef8a23f0185.jpg

Too windy for flying and was busy doing some landscaping. I did however dispose of some puffed up ticking time bombs that always made me paranoid!
ded773ed4e2d16aeb87efef8a23f0185.jpg

How dare you trigger my environmentalist care of Mother Earth. I need to go find a safe space.

But did you get any cool pic's of them exploding/burning???

How dare you trigger my environmentalist care of Mother Earth. I need to go find a safe space.

But did you get any cool pic's of them exploding/burning???

I discharged them a while ago and they were sitting in an ammo can filled with sand in my garage. I always worried about them. Fortunately, there was no explosion or fire. One of them smoked a little but I just threw some dirt on it. They are really **** tough even when standing on a shovel!

CSpTvGc.png

These will arrive next week, and planning to test each one with a stock battery, and then both together with no DJI battery.

Reactions: CyberNate
The Thunderpower 4500 HV is 245g, so 270g for the Turnigy 4000 sounds about right.

Did some testing yesterday. Ran a hardwired 2200mah on top and got 28 mins hover, not bad I suppose. 2200 weighs 180g. Definitely louder with the extra weight!!

Considering trying a couple of these but are they 270g or 347g?

Turnigy 4000mAh 3S 30C Lipo Pack w/XT-60

The weather here has not been any good for long distance. 10mph at the surface or above since I did my last run and that's not changing for the next couple of weeks at least.
Should be 270g.

Yes they were hot. The mavic batt read 52 degrees!

I have gathered a whole bunch of temp readings somewhere in the thread carrying different packs. Although the batt goes up to 56 deg, the motors remained significantly cooler.

CSpTvGc.png

These will arrive next week, and planning to test each one with a stock battery, and then both together with no DJI battery.

cant wait to see your results lolo! please post.
Back when these came out I was very excited to try them because of how much lighter they were than everything else out there, even lighter than the multi stars, so I picked up pairs of 3.5 and 4.5 in 4S.
I tried them running saddle bag style on the P3 and the P4. and I'm sorry to say they absolutely sucked for me. Even with 9000 extra MAH I couldn't even get over 32 minutes on the P4 and they didn't do much better with the P3. I was so disappointed because they looked so promising, the problem is they never burned evenly with the main battery, they always had tons left in them and for externals that just doesn't work.
I currently am in the process of splitting them down to 3S. I wish they would've worked better because they're pricey[emoji41]
91da70643af270ddba6ee7556f080e53.jpg

Reactions: CyberNate and Ed209
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard