DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro battery self discharge.

USAirborne

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I’ve tried setting my batteries individually to discharge on its own to start after 5 days of no use at all to 50% storage. After a couple of weeks they are still charged no change at all. I don’t know what to do I know I might be doing something wrong but have no clue. [emoji848]

Have you been pressing the battery button to check the charge level? If so, that resets the counter back to 5 days each time you press the button.

If set to 5 days, they should auto discharge down to the storage level by the 7th or 8th day.

Reactions: trriley5
Have you been pressing the battery button to check the charge level? If so, that resets the counter back to 5 days each time you press the button.

If set to 5 days, they should auto discharge down to the storage level by the 7th or 8th day.

No I know if I do it will reset again.

Hi all you Mavic pilots. hopefully someone has posted a response to this question.
Why do we have this self discharge and what is the benefit.

Thanking in advance.

Trevor (South Africa)

There are many threads here about the proper use and maintenance of LiPo batteries. However the short answer is that storing LiPo's fully charged is harmful to them and degrades their performance over the long term. Therefore DJI batteries are programmed tp self discharge to proper storage level after a certain number of days. Usually 5 or 10 days.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone