DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro black screen

Adit Pandey

Reactions
Hi, the gimbal on my mavic pro 1 got repaired. While I did replace the gimbal and it works fine, the screen on the app is all black and I can't record any video or take photos.

I went on to replace the signal cable, still no luck. Got a new camera and replaced. Still no luck. My last hope is to replace the gimbal board to which the signal cable connects.

The app doesn't complain about the camera either. The drone is switching on, able to take off. Only issue being that there is no signal from the camera and I am unable to take any photo or video...

Any help/advice is welcome

Reactions: Gagey52
Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. Sorry to here of your problem. Can you activate the camera from the controller at all and check the SD after the flight.
Regards

Could it be that your camera is set to manual on the app, and the exposure turned down all the way?

I almost freaked out once when my screen was brilliant white, and the exposure was turned up too high.
I did give it a try. But the issue is clearly something else. I can't trigger autofocus either..so surely it's not the camera controls that have been dialed down mistakenly.

Reactions: bearjakes
Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. Sorry to here of your problem. Can you activate the camera from the controller at all and check the SD after the flight.
Regards
Hi. I did try to invoke the camera, but nothing gets recorded on to the sd, nor is it pushed to the phone. Since I changed the camera and th he signal cable, I am thinking that it's the board that has run into some issue now :(

You’ve obviously checked out bearjakes comments and the setting are correct. The only thing from here is service centre visit. It’s a shame there is no diagnostic tool for drones, they’d make a fortune. Hopefully someone else on the forum may have a suggestion.
regards

@Adit Pandey welcome to the forum ,i may be wrong here, but i believe that after a new camera has been installed then it has to be linked to the control board ,i have seen other threads about this at some point,contact DJI support and they may be able to help you

Reactions: Thomas B
Hi, the gimbal on my mavic pro 1 got repaired. While I did replace the gimbal and it works fine, the screen on the app is all black and I can't record any video or take photos.

I went on to replace the signal cable, still no luck. Got a new camera and replaced. Still no luck. My last hope is to replace the gimbal board to which the signal cable connects.

The app doesn't complain about the camera either. The drone is switching on, able to take off. Only issue being that there is no signal from the camera and I am unable to take any photo or video...

Any help/advice is welcome
I have been having the same issue for over a year now. I changed all the cables, a whole brand new gimbal board. Only thing I have not replaced is the main board and the actual camera itself and since u changed the camera and I changed the gimbal board that only leaves the main board?

Ok, so I dealt with this as well when I replaced my gimbal assembly.

First of all, make sure all your cables are undamaged and plugged in securely. Then try this.

What fixed it for me was rolling back the drone’s firmware through the DJI Assistant desktop app. It was something in v.0.4.0.5 that messed with the camera signal. So once I rolled it back to the previous version, v.0.4.0.4, I got my live feed back.

So let me know if this works, and I hope you can get back to flying soon!

I had the same issue and it turned out that the first signal cable probably got damaged during shipment or assembly. I bought another one and it works like a charm. In the meantime I bought camera module and I have 2 of them now :)
Try another signal cable the cost is under 10 USD.

Reactions: Adit Pandey
So I was finally able to fix it. The issue was the signal cable. While installing the new signal cable there was a minor tear...to me it looked alright but not to the drone :D I bought a new signal cable and installed it carefully this time and guess what.....the bird can finally see :D

I had the same issue and it turned out that the first signal cable probably got damaged during shipment or assembly. I bought another one and it works like a charm. In the meantime I bought camera module and I have 2 of them now :)
Try another signal cable the cost is under 10 USD.
Thanks for helping me fix the issue. I would have never doubted my first installation of I had not read your comment

Reactions: Gagey52 and maztey
Ok, so I dealt with this as well when I replaced my gimbal assembly.

First of all, make sure all your cables are undamaged and plugged in securely. Then try this.

What fixed it for me was rolling back the drone’s firmware through the DJI Assistant desktop app. It was something in v.0.4.0.5 that messed with the camera signal. So once I rolled it back to the previous version, v.0.4.0.4, I got my live feed back.

So let me know if this works, and I hope you can get back to flying soon!
Hiya. Im trying the exact same thing here. Only thing is that the firmware update freezes at 56% and fails. Cant seem to get past it. Any ideas?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore