DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro came from RMA repair - issues (should i RMA it again?)

• Thread starter Deleted member 45347
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45347

Hi,
i just received my Mavic Pro and went for a test flight.
Outside it was 11°C (58°F?) and light breeze, no tornados or anything.
I feel like the left controller stick is kinda "gummy" and the drone moves in a strange way when i want to climb, the drone goes a bit right + up. When i look at the controller, the left stick is crooked few milimeters to the right, the guy at the store kinda stuffed it all in with the manuals and things and i am afraid he squashed the the joystick. My other "issue" are the motors. 3 motors turn freely, one of them feels "notchy" (like a big 3 phase RC motor) but still turns freely. When the drone is idling, i hear some strange "whine" but it disappears when i take off. All motors have roughly the same temperature.
My last issue is that when the gimbal tests itself during the start, during one of the moves there is a slight click noise. When i pick the drone up it works (stabilizes) fine and doesn't report any issues, also in flight fine.
What do you guys think?
Are those normal quirks or should i RMA the drone? I don't want it to fall apart unexpectedly again.
Thanks a lot
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you send it in for in the first place? Did they fix what was wrong with it?

Before you send it back, just for kicks and giggles, you might try to calibrate the controller and see what happens.

The motor issue is another story. If it doesnt overheat, then it might be ok, but there might be some debris in there.

What did you send it in for in the first place? Did they fix what was wrong with it?

Before you send it back, just for kicks and giggles, you might try to calibrate the controller and see what happens.

The motor issue is another story. If it doesnt overheat, then it might be ok, but there might be some debris in there.
The front sensor & gimbal board died. They gave me completely new drone without any scratches and with all arms straight. The motor doesnt have temperature any higher than the rest from what i can tell, i'm gonna test it with an IR thermometer tomorrow.
Also, i tried connecting the drone to my PC and the notch on the USB cover came out broken and the cover feels like it's gonna fall apart every second.
Notchy motor
knock knock, who's there
Guess i'm heading to the store again.

UPDATE: I recalibrated the stuff and it all works fine now, except the knocking, which seems to be normal on older drones (@Thunderdrones ??), the gimbal itself is brand new, it came with the protective foil over the lens. I guess the motor notchiness is caused by the motor being new as opposed to the rest which is slightly used. Only thing that makes me angry is the fact the USB cover is falling apart. If it fails completely, is it a good idea to put one of the rubber USB plugs in there?

the knocking, which seems to be normal on older drones

Knocking on initial calibration is acceptable as long as your image is stable once you are airborne.

the USB cover is falling apart. If it fails completely, is it a good idea to put one of the rubber USB plugs in there?

Yes, or just hold it down with a piece of magic tape or duct tape.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ