DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Compass Calibration Error

Are you trying to do this on your driveway ? Driveways have re-bar in them, Do you have a metal roof on your home? , are you trying to do this standing next to your car/truck ?
I’m doing this in the backyard where I always did it with my Old Mavic Pro and never had problems. No roof, nothing but real grass.

Reactions: Pixar
How to do the “degaussing” thing without buying anything special? Just would like to try that.

In my case I know my Mavic is Ok because original FW was working ok. Everything happened after updating FW and Go App as well.

This thread seems to have died. Was OP ever able to find out what caused the calibration issue ?

I'm on my 2nd new MPP (1st defective, couldn't be activated) in 2 weeks and now it won't calibrate no matter how many times or places that I try. I don't wear a watch and the only metal on or near me when I fly is my titanium eye glass frames, my gold ring, an artificial joint, phone and the RC. I keep my Galaxy S7 in airplane mode when using it with the MPP. I'm running the latest versions of all firmware and GO 4. I've experienced random calibration errors and lost GPS with as many as 16 satellites both before and during flights on both birds. I've calibrated the IMU and compass repeatedly in an effort to remedy these issues. I'm generally flying line of sight at an altitude of 100-400 ft. on a large multi-acre, flat terrain parcel with no power lines or metal structures. Now when I check the sensor status for Compass, the #1 shows a solid red bar. Is this an indication that I'm just unlucky and the compass has failed ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark