DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro configuration's and nd filters questions

jofer

Reactions
Hello, i saw a few videos and searched at the internet. so... wich are the best configurations?
i saw that at 4k the best is 3840x2160 at 24fps, and the shutter 24*2=48, so the shutter at 50

at the video format i saw some videos chosing mp4, others mov, wich is the best of this two?

at the style menu, i saw a video with -2 -2 -2, other with -1 -1 0, other with 1 -1 -1, so, wich is the best?

at the color, wich is the best, d-cinelike or d-log?

at the nd filters, i saw a lot of nd filters at the internet, i saw pack's with a lot of filters, if i buy only one or two filters, wich are the best for landscaping footage, and sunset?

thanks

which are the best configurations?
wich is the best of this two?
wich is the best?
wich is the best, d-cinelike or d-log?
wich are the best for landscaping footage, and sunset?
Best? What is best?
There's no simple answer because there are so many different combinations of conditions and different effects you could use.
Try a few different settings to see what works for you.

Hello, i saw a few videos and searched at the internet. so... wich are the best configurations?
i saw that at 4k the best is 3840x2160 at 24fps, and the shutter 24*2=48, so the shutter at 50

at the video format i saw some videos chosing mp4, others mov, wich is the best of this two?

at the style menu, i saw a video with -2 -2 -2, other with -1 -1 0, other with 1 -1 -1, so, wich is the best?

at the color, wich is the best, d-cinelike or d-log?

at the nd filters, i saw a lot of nd filters at the internet, i saw pack's with a lot of filters, if i buy only one or two filters, wich are the best for landscaping footage, and sunset?

thanks

1) 4K is obviously the highest resolution but the frame rate is arguably more important and it just depends on how you want the video to look. If you are gonna shoot in 24 FPS you might as well shoot 4096x2160 that way you have some head room to crop. If you want to do any kind of slow motion then 30 FPS is better.

You always want to try to have your shutter speed to be twice your frame rate so if you are shooting 30FPS you want shutter to be 1/60. 24FPS you want 1/50(because 1/48 doesn’t exist) etc.

2) There’s not a great answer to this because there’s basically no difference. However, in an attempt to give direction where there may not other wise be any, if you use an Apple computer to edit then might as well choose .mov otherwise choose .mp4. Don’t spend a lot of time thinking about this I have yet to come across a situation where one will work but not the other.

3 and 4) This is just personal preference in how you want your footage to look. Personally I use D-Cinelike 0,0,+1. However, in the late evening or really cloudy days I’ll do D-log +1,-1,+2. You’ll have to experiment and see what you like.

If you only get a couple of filters get a ND32, and ND16. The ND32 will be for bright sunny days. ND16 will be for your golden hour/sunset light. The best light always requires an ND16.

Reactions: niki
I completely agree with Brett8883. After buying an excessive number of filters for my MPP I knew better what I wanted. So for my M2P I did the PolaPro custom set of 4; ND16, NDP 16, ND32, and NDP 32. I have occasionally wished I had others, but have trouble justifying the cost for an amateur like me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69