DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro controller stick error upon power up.

Nate008

Reactions
Right after start up the controller will start beeping loudly and display "stick error" "Please return to center". The sticks have not been touched and finally the message will go away after about a minute. This is my second mavic pro and have not seen this issue until now. Its just annoying at this point. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Right after start up the controller will start beeping loudly and display "stick error" "Please return to center". The sticks have not been touched and finally the message will go away after about a minute. This is my second mavic pro and have not seen this issue until now. Its just annoying at this point. Has anyone experienced this issue?
No, but did you try a stick calibration?

I had my Mav' Pro controller doing this when I used NetDot magnetic micro-USB connectors to charge my controller. I left the tip in the side port, and this became more magnetic with use. [I used the bottom USB2.0 port to connect the controller to my phone].
When I removed the USB tip from my controller (and started to use a reversible micro-USB to charge the controller), the problem disappeared.
I've heard that watches, smart-watches and metal rings can do the same thing ...
The controller uses 'Hall Effect' to detect the motion of the control sticks and turn that into data to send to the Mavic to control it. Proximity of metal or magnetic objects can interfere with the control sticks and may generate the stick-error message.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout