DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro crash

Nenadospama

Reactions
Hello everyone! Please help me from the logs, what could be the reason for the collapse of the drone?

log here

In fact, this is the third time this has happened.
Drone takes off, turns off motors and crashes

22.05.06 (second time)
After this crash, the drone showed an error - "Downward vision calibration error. Precision Hovering and Landing Protection may fall"
I did the calibration and the error is gone.
No more damage
so launched the drone again
a week later the crash is more serious

21.08.22 (first time)

Thanks in advance for any help)

Hello everyone! Please help me from the logs, what could be the reason for the collapse of the drone?
log here
In the first flight you posted, it looks like there is a problem with the drone's altitude sensing.
You launched and used the throttle to climb.
The VPS sensor shows the drone climbed to 32 feet above the ground at 6.6 seconds, but the barometric sensor (the main altitude sensor) stayed showing zero.
After you let the throttle off and the left stick was centred, the VPS height started falling (although the barometric height continued to show zero).

This looks like a problem with the barometric sensor affecting the drone's ability to maintain altitude.
You could recalibrate the IMU and see if you get the altitude reading properly instead of just showing zero.
But if that doesn't solve the problem, it's a malfunction that would need repair.

Thank you!
Do you mean flight from May 15th?
I will check IMU, after that I will send a log.
In the first flight you posted, it looks like there is a problem with the drone's altitude sensing.
You launched and used the throttle to climb.
The VPS sensor shows the drone climbed to 32 feet above the ground at 6.6 seconds, but the barometric sensor (the main altitude sensor) stayed showing zero.
After you let the throttle off and the left stick was centred, the VPS height started falling (although the barometric height continued to show zero).

This looks like a problem with the barometric sensor affecting the drone's ability to maintain altitude.
You could recalibrate the IMU and see if you get the altitude reading properly instead of just showing zero.
But if that doesn't solve the problem, it's a malfunction that would need repair.

just in case, I send a link to a normal flight, which was without errors
Height recording is normal for that flight and the drone was able to maintain altitude with the throttle centred.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help!
After the second fall, I did an IMU diagnostic. But despite this, there was a third fall a week later, probably the problem cannot be solved by diagnostics.
Today I handed over the drone for repair to the official service, they will change the barometer, which is located on the GPS board.

my pro did that a few times come to find out it would take off with a 100% battery aqnd the last time it happen take off 100 % up 134 shut down air data said 0% at 134 I have several batteries so i did not catch on till it broke the gimbal one cell was going and it would fly partial missions then return took several times for it to crash alltogether just thought id pass that on

my pro did that a few times come to find out it would take off with a 100% battery aqnd the last time it happen take off 100 % up 134 shut down air data said 0% at 134 I have several batteries so i did not catch on till it broke the gimbal one cell was going and it would fly partial missions then return took several times for it to crash alltogether just thought id pass that on
The OP's incidents happened with no indications of battery problems.

Hello!
Drone returned from repair today. No defects were found. They said it was a coincidence. I hope this doesn't happen again :)
Perhaps the reason was in the firmware, because I used the SuperPatcher to remove the height limit.
Now I have updated official firmware

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ