DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro flight to 5.28 miles and back with with modDJI GO

amstar

Reactions

I modded the latest (I think) DJI Go 4.3.12 with FCC, Boost, 32channel with default 2.4G/5.8G checked everything: sensor, compass values, aircraft heading etc. Then did something which never did before and on this and many other forums has been advised not to do. I kept DJI GO open and opened Litchi and flew and a mission to 5.8miles.
click on the Airdata link for all the info.
I was very pleasantly surprised, no dropouts, loss of signal, no problems. The reason for doing so was that I was not sure if the mods will work if i closed DJI and opened Litchi.

1551615528700.pngAfter flying to its limit almost, totally stock, I then switched to the modded DJI GO, closed litchi and came home in sport mode.
So that was a total of 11.6 miles stock.
So to come to the point, the modded DJI GO values like FCC, BOOST, 32 CHANNELS carry over to Litchi IF YOU KEEP DJI GO open.
I had 0 dropouts. maintained good signal, min was 42% at 5.8 miles, clear FPV with no lag.
With Litchi alone, I would start losing FPV around 4 miles and signal soon after.
So I'm excited. I'm going to experiment for longer ranges with battery mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: genesimmons
11.6 miles is absolutely shocking.
What was your battery percentage on landing?
What type of terrain was present (flat, hills, etc)?
Do you use a modified controller/antenna system?

7% battery on landing. Sort of low rolling hills. Higher mountains further off. Not aware of any significant interference.
Antenna is not modded. For the boost mode to 1.5w, external mods have to be absent.

For the non tech person who needs everything spelled out. Lol
Could you share or guide me to more info on this MOD and exactly the steps and or what is needed?
Thanks
Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard