DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro FTW Thread

MavicFT1P

Reactions
Mavic Pro is still the Best Drone to buy in 2019, Yes yes?

It's definitely one of the best drones available if you want to purchase a DJI drone. DJI's other less expensive drones would likely also be a good fit for many people if they don't want to pay top dollar for a drone. The Mavic 2 sure does come packed with lots of great new features, but most of them aren't needed/usable in many situations.

New Customers I can Understand 'wanting it'. It does have a Next gen Console vibe about it with DJI marketing.

MavicHelp is here so im nervous to mention all the stuff it can do that Mavic 2 cant thorugh whatever means.
No offense to Mavic Help.

If nothing else, I wonder where do people get the money for it?
Do you guys buy it outright, or use Finance or what. I never understood the price increase.
Tech gets better over the years for the same price, thats how its supposed to work

And Ive flown long enough to know that losing, 1337 pilots will jump in here to disagree, your drone is
a thing that happens.
Especially if you are going from New DJI customer with Drone, which so many Mavic 2 flyers seem to be

Honestly? (Noting that you and Dirk r following me)

Nevermind I meant (following my posts. Dirk is at least). Forget it.

My mission is to have a grin, possibly evil, on my face sometimes when flying.
At the very least I want to be able to mod the **** out of something I brought.

I think you can empathise on that one Thunderdrones. Even if not on the Forum.

Now 4k is a big part of that. Im not trying to stunt with MP, but difference in 4k i notice
are things like say, 60fps instead of 30?
An improved camera is left to a lot of interpretation, it's not real tech.

edit: And nope dont use obstacle avoidance sensors. I dont like my drone manevouring any way except
which i told it to. Counterintuitive for a RC person

Reactions: mnis
It seems as though there are some number of M1P owners who do not see the improvement in the M2P's image quality. That's fine and I'm happy that they are satisfied with the first Mavic but the truth of the matter is, the image quality of the M2P for both stills and video, is a whole lot better in all resolutions than from an M1P. Sensor-size, variable aperture, and Occusync 2.0 are all major improvements that cannot be overstated.

You know what Mavic 2 should be..Either the same price, (or a little bit more to keep M1P around)
But more than that I think This is what Mavic 2 should have been.
600029-1-DJI-Mavic-2-Enterprise-DUAL.jpg

All I can say is this is the same level of cool Mavic Pro had/was when it came out. Mavic 2 should have been either the Enterprise with FLIR, or almost exactly the same price.

I actually think this was Mavic 2, but they had no competition and Drones Uses were soaring so they took off the FLIR cam, and sclapped just enough camera on it for it to sell.

Reactions: mnis
MavicFT1P: Unless I am mistaken, the Enterprise version only has a micro four thirds sensor. If that's true, would you REALLY trade the M2P's one-inch sensor for FLIR? Honestly, other than search and rescue, law enforcement, or other potential uses for FLIR, I don't know why a typical drone flyer would want it. Personally, I'll take the larger sensor over ALL the Enterprise features.

Reactions: Former Member
it's a notion, not a spec comparison dude.

PS: The bigger the sensor the smaller the hardware

Well, lets not dwell on it
Can I give you some advice..?

Go see Us, by Jordan Peele. That movie is awesome.

I saw it at a late session just now.
There was just me and a couple having "imagine if we got caught" relations
in the back row.
Has that happened to anyone else?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members