DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro Gimbal Gyroscope Error?? Replaced full camera.

Goballdeep

Reactions
Hi everyone I was out flying my mavic when I brought it in to fast and hit the branches in the tree. Anyway I got it out luckily to find the camera was no longer showing on my tablet screen and no other damage apart from the propellors. Anyway I orderd a full new camera from China to rule everything out but after fitting and powering up the camera flicks about more than normal and stops in a random place pointing up and to the left.
I have done a calibration but it does not even try to cycle it, done a imu. if I move the left joy pad to move camera I get nothing. I have a picture and everything else and no gimbal motor overload messages etc. Just no gyro working.
Any ideas I no some people have had this error before but I don't no what there fixes we're.
Thanx
Andy

Having only had a Mavic for a week I’m guessing here- it might be the camera gyro is in the mavic body (the phantoms camera gimbal gyro is part of the camera assembly). If this is the case you might have a stuck gyro from the crash that would obviously not be fixed by replacing the camera. Try giving the mavic body a few cautious but deliberate belts (a screwdriver handle is good) from different angles. You may be lucky and manage to unstick it if it is a stuck gyro.

Having only had a Mavic for a week I’m guessing here- it might be the camera gyro is in the mavic body (the phantoms camera gimbal gyro is part of the camera assembly). If this is the case you might have a stuck gyro from the crash that would obviously not be fixed by replacing the camera. Try giving the mavic body a few cautious but deliberate belts (a screwdriver handle is good) from different angles. You may be lucky and manage to unstick it if it is a stuck gyro.

Actually, what you are referring to was a hit-or-miss (pun), last ditch cure to free up the accelerometer in the Phantom imu. The Mavics gimbal gyro is in the barrel, but that error usually points to the LVDS cable with a broken strand.

Actually, what you are referring to was a hit-or-miss (pun), last ditch cure to free up the accelerometer in the Phantom imu. The Mavics gimbal gyro is in the barrel, but that error usually points to the LVDS cable with a broken strand.
I thought of the cable first- seems unlikely if the error existed before and prevailed after replacing the camera assy.

Makes perfect sense the gyro(s) are in the camera.

Expensive guess re the camera being the issue.

Do NOT trust ANYTHING from china... they do not test properly and most likely sent a defective unit. I have been ordering electronic replacement parts from China for 20 years..(JOB). I can tell you they do NOT care and work strictly from volume..

I thought of the cable first- seems unlikely if the error existed before and prevailed after replacing the camera assy.

Makes perfect sense the gyro(s) are in the camera.

Expensive guess re the camera being the issue.

Thats what happens when people try to DIY. They throw the baby out with the bathwater. No need to replace the entire gimbal. The OPS problem is either the LVDS cable or the camera barrel.

Do NOT trust ANYTHING from china... they do not test properly and most likely sent a defective unit. I have been ordering electronic replacement parts from China for 20 years..(JOB). I can tell you they do NOT care and work strictly from volume..

Do not trust, yes. But if you know what you are doing, then you know what to expect. After all, our beloved drones come from China. ;)

Do not trust, yes. But if you know what you are doing, then you know what to expect. After all, our beloved drones come from China. ;)
True.. I do know.. I was just sharing info with someone that may think that the parts are tested and real.. At least this will give them additional info to work with. Yes, The drones come from china.. SO do apple phones... The secondary parts market is a entirely separate ball game though.

Question for the OP.. Did you purchase a gimbal with a new board? Or just the gimbal and cable set?

Hi I broke my camera in the past and and had to get a replacement from the same place in China that was spot on once fitted. I can change the cables myself also but found it faster and easyier to add a new camera and fix mine as a spare.
I have changed the video cable on this new camera yesterday and added a spare camera but still have the message. I am starting to think it might be a damaged camera board now.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123