DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Gimbal Issue

Val972

Reactions
Hello,

I traveled by plane with my MP1 without the gimbal clamp and now I have gimbal issues.
I changed the ribbon cable, the video cable and the gimbal motor but I still have a gimbal motor overload / obstructed problem.
The gimbal restart endlessly when I start the drone and the motor become very hot after only 30 seconds ...

Do you think it can be a camera control board issue ?

IMG-4192.png
IMG-4193.png
IMG-4194.png

Reactions: Chewbacca
Yes I'm french, I just change the language in english to take the screen and I don't know why the last error is still in french ...

Reactions: Chewbacca
@ Val972 I have had this happen many times also. First, check to make sure that the ribbon cable is not pinched where it passes through the gimbal vibration damping board. Otherwise, try replacing with another ribbon cable. I repair Mavics a lot and have even had a couple of bad replacement ribbons that were defective out of the box. Sometimes the damage is obvious, other times you won’t know until the bird is powered on post repair?

I'm having the same issue. I had a crash (Ran into some overhead branches) the DJI landed at my feet and I could see sparks coming from the camera. Close inspection showed a melted ribbon cable. I replaced it but now the camera pans all the way to the down stop. After a while it will try to reset and go through the entire range of pan motion from front to back with a "Clunk" and it holds. I get the exact same message you're seeing. The camera board looks fine with no obvious damage. It looked like the crash tore through the ribbon cable which caused a short. Could I have gotten a bad ribbon replacement? The remote doesn't seem to have any affect on the gimbal, can't pan back up. Gimbal calibration doesn't work either. Am I screwed? I could get a mini for the price of a new camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98