DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Gimbal Obstructed , Gimbal Motor Overload Can any Body help !!

Peta

Reactions
Hello All .. i am a new Member here I hope you are all fine ;)

I have MAVIC Pro craft ... It was OK and i used it several times with no problem last time i landed OK with no any problems . i have compass 2 disconnected its an old problem i should always Calibrate that OK ... i usually use my iPhone , i bought a lenovo tablet 7 inch and i installed DJ GO 4 , and since i loaded the craft it make noisy sound and hit up and down and the app indicated for me this : Mavic Pro Gimbal Obstructed , Gimbal Motor Overload. Restarting ..
I returned to my iPhone the same thing ... i tried this things :
1- calibrate IMU .... OK
2- calibrate gimbal ..failed at 5% sometimes at 31% ( nothing is abusing the gimbal its free ) ( and during calibration it vibrates hardly and stuck )
3- i checked the upper frame the gimbal is in its suitable place
4- i downgraded firmware using dji assistance , many versions
5- i calibrated the craft using DJI assistance.
i tried everything and didn't fix my problem .i found on YouTube a video fix , that he put the craft in angular side ( to the right ) i tried this solution some times in works and the gimbal calibrates normally at start but not all times .
there is no DJI support in my Country so what you advise me to buy what parts to change to fix this problem does any one have a fix or idea .. some people i my place told me to change flex cable of camera what you think Experts ?
i was unable to upload a video the explains my situation .. this is a link to a similar situation like mine :

Do you have a ND filter attached to it. "Sometimes" if they are "too heavy", or not installed fully, they can can motion restrictions, and errors like you are seeing.

If you haven't accidentally left the gimbal clamp on during start up, it's most likely a worn cable, or connection etc . . . does it have many hours of flight ?
It's unknown how many hours might see some natural degrading of parts like cable that can flex and get damaged naturally.

Hello All .. i am a new Member here I hope you are all fine ;)

I have MAVIC Pro craft ... It was OK and i used it several times with no problem last time i landed OK with no any problems . i have compass 2 disconnected its an old problem i should always Calibrate that OK ... i usually use my iPhone , i bought a lenovo tablet 7 inch and i installed DJ GO 4 , and since i loaded the craft it make noisy sound and hit up and down and the app indicated for me this : Mavic Pro Gimbal Obstructed , Gimbal Motor Overload. Restarting ..
I returned to my iPhone the same thing ... i tried this things :
1- calibrate IMU .... OK
2- calibrate gimbal ..failed at 5% sometimes at 31% ( nothing is abusing the gimbal its free ) ( and during calibration it vibrates hardly and stuck )
3- i checked the upper frame the gimbal is in its suitable place
4- i downgraded firmware using dji assistance , many versions
5- i calibrated the craft using DJI assistance.
i tried everything and didn't fix my problem .i found on YouTube a video fix , that he put the craft in angular side ( to the right ) i tried this solution some times in works and the gimbal calibrates normally at start but not all times .
there is no DJI support in my Country so what you advise me to buy what parts to change to fix this problem does any one have a fix or idea .. some people i my place told me to change flex cable of camera what you think Experts ?
i was unable to upload a video the explains my situation .. this is a link to a similar situation like mine :
Hopefully you have DJI’s Care Plan for the gimble repair needed. If not, send your drone to Thunderdrones for repair. I had the same issue with warning messages about gimble obstruction, but I knew exactly what caused the issue. Thunderdrones repaired the damage and was great to work with.

Reactions: Bobvt and Flycaster
Sometimes mine will make a clanking sound when I have a ND filter on. When off it doesn't.

Question I have is the other day I started it with the gimbal clamp in, until I got a message on my screen and then removed. Everything is doing what it is suppose to. No error messages or anything of that sort. Would you think there could be any long term effects from leaving it on for a minute prior to take off?

Hello sir , not so much hours .. i use it rarely i will try to change my flex of cam i can do this but i ordered the flex it needs about month to arrive thanks ..

The problem that there is no dji support in my country .. who are thunderdrones you mean a repair center with this name .. i am from lebanon and i don’t know if i can deliver from my country.

Question I have is the other day I started it with the gimbal clamp in, until I got a message on my screen and then removed. Everything is doing what it is suppose to. No error messages or anything of that sort. Would you think there could be any long term effects from leaving it on for a minute prior to take off?
I don't think so.

Pretty sure you'll be ok, I left mine on a few times when starting out, with no ill effects.

On first big trip after maybe 10 flights, I accidentally left it on and flew, gawd I don't know how I did it with warnings etc, but I did.
It had a gimbal overload error continuously then and unusable for camera vision thereafter for the trip.

DJI was really good though, replaced it with a refirb, which probably has been a better unit then the new one anyway.

mine did the same thing recently after 2.5 years, my solution was to send it to a former member of this forum in Georgia who put in a new cable and fixed a couple of other small things.... I don't think we are allowed to mention his name but think of the sound associated with lightning and put drones on the end.... then google him.

got it there and back in a week, under 200 bucks to fix all the damage on the aircraft ( had a left leg that needed work plus the gimbal work, and insured priority mail shipping)

Thanks neggy i got it .. my new update is : i ordered online a flex cable for cam ( ptz ) and i changed it .. but my problem is the same i think i should change the whole gimbal with its board ?D5DAB94A-1A74-4EDA-8F58-D04AB94D4F4D.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique