Join Us Now

mavic pro height limit modification

fadycharbel

Reactions
good day fellow pilots
how can I change the height limit from 120 m to 500 m on my mavic pro

You can change the max altitude in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Max-Altitude.PNG

Note: Your Mavic needs to be connected to DJI GO when changing this setting.

Most countries want you to stay below about 400ft above take off point, also the video and photo from much higher is not very usable.

Reactions: dajohn17
I don't want to spoil anyone's fun but I am genuinely interested in 'What if.........'
What if you go into the settings and alter the max height despite DJI GO repeatedly asking you if you know what you're doing. Then you zoom up to 1500ft and have a 60second peek around and zoom back down. No one hurt and Mavic still in tact.
Three months later you get an unrelated problem and DJI refuse to honour your guarantee after looking at your flight records.........Can they do that?

I don't want to spoil anyone's fun but I am genuinely interested in 'What if.........'
What if you go into the settings and alter the max height despite DJI GO repeatedly asking you if you know what you're doing. Then you zoom up to 1500ft and have a 60second peek around and zoom back down. No one hurt and Mavic still in tact.
Three months later you get an unrelated problem and DJI refuse to honour your guarantee after looking at your flight records.........Can they do that?
Here in the US ~there is no LEGAL height restriction for flying (as a hobbiest). Maintaining a 400ft ceiling is a recommendation (not a law). To the best of my knowledge, DJI has never refused to honor a warranty repair based on other flights (at least not openly).

correct i wouldnt think they could void a warranty for thier product going as high as its fully capable of, the only issues u may have is if your contry resctricts heights and u exceed that and cause a problem and get sued, i dont thin dji would be on your side

correct i wouldnt think they could void a warranty for thier product going as high as its fully capable of, the only issues u may have is if your contry resctricts heights and u exceed that and cause a problem and get sued, i dont thin dji would be on your side
I'm sure you're right Maybe a little too paranoid on the DJI thing so just stay safe and be aware of the other risks

If you have a 500' hill in front of you, but you know there's a beautiful mountain that can be revealed if you take a peek overtop, then you could fly to 400' above the top of the hill and still be only 400' AGL, in VLOS, but you'd need to have your maximum flight altitude set to 900'. No rule or law against that, is there?

I routinely fly to the 1600 ft.(Or whatever it is) maximum of the Mavic. I take off to 300 ft. fly over to the face of the Wasatch Mountains I live next to, then climb the mountain with my Mavic, all the while scouting for deer, mountain lions and bobcats. My drone might be 1600 feet above the launch point, but is never more than 300 ft above the terrain, and when it's over the mountain, it's probably usually only 50 to 100 ft. above the tree tops. So, technically, by the FAA guidelines, I am too high. I'm never even close to altitudes that any manned aerial vehicle flies near a mountain face though. Often, sitting over the mountain face looking out over my neighborhood and surrounding areas, I have watched medical and military helicopters flying below my altitude, but obviously they are a mile or so out and away from the mountain face. But still, it's pretty cool to watch manned aircraft flying below my drone.

I routinely fly to the 1600 ft.(Or whatever it is) maximum of the Mavic. I take off to 300 ft. fly over to the face of the Wasatch Mountains I live next to, then climb the mountain with my Mavic, all the while scouting for deer, mountain lions and bobcats. My drone might be 1600 feet above the launch point, but is never more than 300 ft above the terrain, and when it's over the mountain, it's probably usually only 50 to 100 ft. above the tree tops. So, technically, by the FAA guidelines, I am too high. I'm never even close to altitudes that any manned aerial vehicle flies near a mountain face though. Often, sitting over the mountain face looking out over my neighborhood and surrounding areas, I have watched medical and military helicopters flying below my altitude, but obviously they are a mile or so out and away from the mountain face. But still, it's pretty cool to watch manned aircraft flying below my drone.
I do the same I live by the Blue Ridge mountains my understanding is I can be 400 ft above the mountain

Reactions: JMF
MarkNix let's see some pics. Of the deer, mountain loin, bobcat, I do the same for whitetail, and coyote her in Ohio.
How do I post pictures and videos? I have a pretty cool video of a red fox I was hovering over.

Reactions: Brandaloo
How do I post pictures and videos? I have a pretty cool video of a red fox I was hovering over.
Videos you need to upload somewhere like YouTube then post a link using the Media icon (like film frames) above your message. Photos you can post directly using the Image icon to the left of the Media icon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simplefillus