DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro in Cabo!

2nd2non

Reactions
Flying mavic pro in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico last month. Also took some shots with Osmo Mobile, Iphone7+ and FilmicPro.
I call it 'Fun in the Sun'.

That is a great video. I just got back from PV but I chickened out on taking my Mavic with me. Heard too many bad stories about them being seized or having to pay an "import tax". As it turns out I could have brought it without issue. They never checked my camera bag at all.

For the fishing charter shots any issues launching or landing/catching on the boat?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That is a great video. I just got back from PV but I chickened out on taking my Mavic with me. Heard too many bad stories about them being seized or having to pay an "import tax". As it turns out I could have brought it without issue. They never checked my camera bag at all.

For the fishing charter shots any issues launching or landing/catching on the boat?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yea no issue getting into Cabo. They didn't even check the mavic inside my backpack.
Flying from a boat is much easier with mavic vs phantom or inspire. The key is to
1) compass calibrate while on land
2) turn off VPS
3) take off while in boat away from any metal. If difficult, use auto takeoff from your hand while boat is stable.
4) to land, I simply hand catch. If the boat is large, you probably can land it within the boat. As you can see in the video, I had a small boat

nice enjoyed your video

Thanks. It was fun to fly and get the shots. After pain points with my P3P in its latter days, the Mavic has made flying fun again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Viper
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf