DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro insurance UK

Chungus

Reactions
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of buying a mavic pro, and since it's a pretty expensive piece of kit, some insurance would be nice for a little peace of mind.

Bear in mind I live in the UK, so any input from other UK pilots would be much appreciated.

I've had a look around this forum and found several posts saying photoguard.co.uk is a safe bet, but their trustpilot reviews put me off slightly. Their cheap price for insurance also seems a bit too good to be true. Perhaps I'm just being cynical?

DJI care protect is also an option, but that only lasts a year and you have to fork out for the replacements anyway.

In short, could some UK pilots recommend me the best insurance services and/or which cover you have on your drone?

I haven’t yet found anywhere in the uk for drone cover, all the places I tried are only for those holding PFCO or similar.
You can get 3rd party liability cover from the BMFA or FPVUK.ORG. But this just covers damage to third parties

We had home insurance with Hastings Direct a while ago for some reason the wife included the Mavic Pro as a specific item, they claim to cover it even if lost in flight. However it bumps up the premium and if honest I doubt if I would bother claiming. You could phone around and try a couple of home insurance providers if you do not want to cover with a separate policy.

What about DJI Refresh? How's that stack up ?
It’s kinda hit and miss, they don’t cover lost drones and will investigate any crash using flight log info if it’s pilot error then they won’t pay out but If it’s a 50/50 where they can’t be 100% sure it’s your fault they usually offer a discount against a new drone

If you take out the 'All Risks Personal Possessions' element opn your hoem contents, this will usually cover anything of yours when out and about. It's the element I claimed on for the 'Dover Incident'. I claimed for a lost quad-coptor high definition camera, and they paid up.
Some now specifically exclude any 'remote controlled devices', so maybe check.

DJI Care Refresh will only help if you have the body of the drone to return to them, so totally lost or lost in water claims won't happen.

cheers
Ian in London

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986