DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Leg Extenders

rsierra54

Reactions
Hello everyone! I purchased a Mavic Pro this evening and upgrade from P3A. I am looking for a recommendation for leg extenders. I live on the coast and will definitely use it on the beach. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

> ... and will definitely use it on the beach

Congratulations. Just be careful ! I would not want to get 1 grain of sand inside the motors.
You know how sand is. It gets into everything, no matter how careful one is. :(

I live on the coast and will definitely use it on the beach.

Congrats on your purchase. "Using it on the beach" is not such a great idea even if you are using extenders and a launch pad. As @UPTGrad has said, getting even 1 grain of sand into the gimbal or the motors might take some work to get it out. At the least, a $5 can of compressed air to blow it out, and if it gets into your gimbal motors, could be worse than that.

I find a nice place on the beach that I want to shoot, then I back up off the beach to a solid surface to t/o and land.

Reactions: rsierra54
> ... and will definitely use it on the beach

Congratulations. Just be careful ! I would not want to get 1 grain of sand inside the motors.
You know how sand is. It gets into everything, no matter how careful one is. :(

Thank you’

I am with everyone on the beach sand thing. Sand is bad for moving parts. If your game try hand launching and retrieving. I like this dude. He does some great videos.

Reactions: Former Member
Also, even if you are taking off from a "solid" (non sand) surface, even just hard pack dirt, you should be aware of the prop wash when lifting off, and the cooling intake in front can suck in dirt/debris. Even hard pack has debris on the surface...
Just have to be aware, and pay attention.

I am with everyone on the beach sand thing. Sand is bad for moving parts. If your game try hand launching and retrieving. I like this dude. He does some great videos.

So no concern when hand catching the drone and the motors spinning up as hard as they do?

If you are hand catching the AC, turn off the precision landing etc., the sensors see your hand and try to fly up, that why they spool up faster?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54