DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - Litchi - Waypoints - Drone Yawing in Wind

Thanks!
"I told you sometimes it takes a village and it stinks we are regulated that tightly"
I still don't understand this statement.

My point is, what would if that dropped on a car traveling at 60 mph, there are humans operating those, they have un-predicable reflexes. What could happen?

I really don't care about regulations, 90% of the missions I run I'm doing at least three things your not supposed to do.

*hit, I thought of 1 more.

I hope we are still headed in the same direction I'm glad we are good!

Rod..
You know the saying it takes a village to raise a child. I was just saying sometimes it takes others looking at what you are doing to make you better, which is why I asked the original question. Then you pointed out the highway issue that I overlooked.

With all the built in redundancies, I honestly think it would take a bird strike to bring it down, but of course anything is possible and who knows what would happen if it did come down. Zoomer has flown over 1,280 missions, traveled 4,980,457ft (943 miles) for over 235hrs in the air with out a hiccup so far, but it only takes one at the wrong time! That particular video was getting a lot of notice publicly, so pulling it down is the safest approach until I can rework the flight path. All Good and Drone On!

Reactions: RodPad
You know the saying it takes a village to raise a child. I was just saying sometimes it takes others looking at what you are doing to make you better, which is why I asked the original question. Then you pointed out the highway issue that I overlooked.

With all the built in redundancies, I honestly think it would take a bird strike to bring it down, but of course anything is possible and who knows what would happen if it did come down. Zoomer has flown over 1,280 missions, traveled 4,980,457ft (943 miles) for over 235hrs in the air with out a hiccup so far, but it only takes one at the wrong time! That particular video was getting a lot of notice publicly, so pulling it down is the safest approach until I can rework the flight path. All Good and Drone On!
You know another old saying ... 'Some people would complain, if you hung them with new rope!'
I'm certainly not the Drone Flight Police and I'm sure that every pilot has broken some rule somewhere along their flight career.
My intention was to help figure out what your original problem was (drone yawing in the wind) and you already suspected it. It took me a while watching your video to confirm your suspicions by watching the shadows of the clouds and seeing the trees sway.
Hope to see some new videos of the Interstate progress.

Reactions: BRDVPRA and RodPad
"You know the saying it takes a village to raise a child"
I guess I should have searched for it?

Anyways, I have had two P3A's come down from bird strikes on litchi missions.

It's obvious I was out of line, I apologize.

Rod ..

"You know the saying it takes a village to raise a child"
I guess I should have searched for it?

Anyways, I have had two P3A's come down from bird strikes on litchi missions.

It's obvious I was out of line, I apologize.

Rod ..
That is wild that you have had 2 bird strikes! Thanks for the note and Drone On! I'm reworking my mission sets now. I need to do more than just fly the route anyway.

Reactions: RodPad

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum