DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - Nexus 7 (2013)

NickRno77

Reactions
I purchased the Nexus 7 (2013) especially for the Mavic Pro and wasn't totally sure if it would fit width wise like the iPad Mini. I'm very pleased to say it fits very well.

fe90300ed42f690ea33339e72a8c7029.jpg

Reactions: Johnny G
Do you experience any lag on display? I did exactly the same with my old Nexus 2013, and I have about 1/4 sec lag. It is still usable. I did the cache clean up as suggested by many users. It improved some, but still not as good as my iPhone 6. Does anyone else have the same issue? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks

Robert

i had a Nexus 7 2013 to use on my P3P and the lag was killing me. the processor and CPU and RAM on the Nexus 7 isn't fast enough for the drone. You will experience lag, stutter, screen freezes randomly or app just forced close all the times. Get a faster tablet like the Nvidia Shield or Samsung Tab S mini.

Do you experience any lag on display? I did exactly the same with my old Nexus 2013, and I have about 1/4 sec lag. It is still usable. I did the cache clean up as suggested by many users. It improved some, but still not as good as my iPhone 6. Does anyone else have the same issue? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks

Robert

I must say I haven't noticed but I haven't used a lot, I'll keep an eye on it. The iPad air I've got is a lot smoother but would be hard to fit that's why I got the Nexus. I didn't want to go and spend a fortune on another tablet you see.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

i had a Nexus 7 2013 to use on my P3P and the lag was killing me. the processor and CPU and RAM on the Nexus 7 isn't fast enough for the drone. You will experience lag, stutter, screen freezes randomly or app just forced close all the times. Get a faster tablet like the Nvidia Shield or Samsung Tab S mini.
Not having any problems with my nexus but it is a clean install mind you and also running nougat. I also switch off wifi and bluetooth before takeoff. Have about 2hours on it at the moment and haven't gone further than about 1km or higher than 200m, but have flown using the different modes of course and have yet to notice any significant lag. I did manage to get a few app-crashes though shortly after switching to expo mode instead of tap-to-focus. Restarting the tablet cleared it though whatever it was. As of now am well pleased with the droid but I've also nothing to compare it to so not sure if it counts for much.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes