DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro not recognising multiple micro sd cards.....any help would be appreciated

oldfox

Reactions
Hi All....newbie here....have had the Mavic Pro for about 3 months, have really enjoyed it and learnt heaps. Recently I took the Mavic out to fly, but the Mavic showed no SD inserted? So I turned off mavic then controller and checked to ensure that there was a micro sd card inserted, took it out and then put it back again. Restarted controller then the mavic but again showed no sd? Decided to go through the process again inserting different micro sd cards, still not recognising any?
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Are you inserting the sd card the right way up. The metal strips on the sd card should face toward the top of the mavic.

Reactions: oldfox
Are you inserting the sd card the right way up. The metal strips on the sd card should face toward the top of the mavic.
Thankyou for your suggestion, but, the metal strips are facing up. Have been in contact with DJI support and they have have suggested I format the card using the DJI Go 4 app but as I have stated it doesn't allow me as it doesn't recognise an micro sd card therefore doesn't show up on the controller or mobile phone screen in the app. Looking like a warranty claim as DJI are asking me to send to a "local" service agent.
Will get back to you when i know more;)

Reactions: dennisquek
Ive had action cams (xiaomi yi) only be compatible with certain brands of memory cards. Maybe your card went bad.

When I worked for a cellular phone carrier sometimes people would come in and complain about not being able to be heard on their phone. We would take the SIM card out and rub it between our fingers. For some reason either the salt or oil on our fingers would reset something and it would work...

Hi All....newbie here....have had the Mavic Pro for about 3 months, have really enjoyed it and learnt heaps. Recently I took the Mavic out to fly, but the Mavic showed no SD inserted? So I turned off mavic then controller and checked to ensure that there was a micro sd card inserted, took it out and then put it back again. Restarted controller then the mavic but again showed no sd? Decided to go through the process again inserting different micro sd cards, still not recognising any?
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Perhaps Format the card on a computer to wipe out any previous data structures, maybe then the MP will recognize it.

If you format it on a computer (and you should try this), be sure to format it to either FAT32 or exFAT. The Mavic can't read other formats.

That said, this really does sound like a hardware issue and most likely needs to be sent in.

Reactions: oldfox and dbyantis
Thanks for the suggestions. Its been a very intense journey since my last post. Had the run around with DJI Support, took over 72 hrs to get back to me ...then full on trying to pack the Mavic and RC up...had to ask for a repair case number....they thought that they had already sent it with all the other information required for the courier to pick up...and to send to where?? lol...then read that they needed me to sync the flight record....and after packing and unpackaging Mavic at midnight to be ready for the 9 am pickup, I found that while I had to connect to the Mavic, I noticed that there was an update available (wasn't there the night before!!), so thought I would do the right thing and save the Service Agent from downloading the firmware update...and after about 20 mins it was all up to date. So restarted RC and Mavic and low and behold....the SD card was showing!!!...so, turned off Mavic then RC...took out the original SD card and replaced with a Lexar 64gb x633 card, fired the RC and Mavic back up and that card also was visible in the DJI GO 4 app!!!! So I think that I found that the last update (around 13.3.17?) was the culprit. I suppose ...never too old to learn!! Just waiting for the end of the week to test her out!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky