DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Not Visible via RC, WiFi or DJI Assistant

Mavic_Eire

Reactions
I've hunted high and low this evening for a solution to this after a long frustrating day.

I have a Mavic Pro Alpine White running latest firmware on AC and RC. I run with 3 batteries (all at 100% prior to leaving the house). I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 as a screen.

I started off this afternoon filming a combine harvester (it was a little dusty but nothing abnormal). Got some photos, some videos and all was good.

I continued flying on battery one until approx. 15% where I then proceeded to land. All was well, images saved, videos saved & no connection losses mid-flight (for a change).

Forward maybe 30-45 mins later after taking some photos with my DSLR I wanted to use the drone again, so I swap battery 1 for battery 2. Normal take-off procedure, everything powered up connected to my Note 8 as before.

However from this point onward I have been unable to; connect the AC to the RC, connect the AC to my Android device via WiFi or connect the AC to DJI Assistant on my Windows 10 laptop. (Official DJI USB cable used at all times).

I am at my wit's end as to what could be the issue.

I can't reset the device as that requires DJI Assistant.

I have tried Remote Controller Linking but no luck. (RC times out, AC has flashing yellow LED on the tail)

When I switch to WiFi it does not create its own hotspot/network to connect to (even if I scan the QR-code)

I can connect the RC to DJI Assistant and it's visible.

I have re-charged all 3 batteries to 100% and the controller

I have noticed the under-carriage of my Mavic gets very warm even hot and this has been on-going for some time. Not sure if this is normal or related?

Is there anyone out there who has experienced similar or can point me in the right direction on a fix?

If I have to resort to sending this to DJI they will be giving me my money back and I will be going to Yuneec as I am fed up of the instability and reliability issues I have had with a setup that cost me over €1300 in January.

Did you try putting battery one back in? I have not heard of this issue but if the only difference was the battery, perhaps battery two had an incompatible firmware version.

I've hunted high and low this evening for a solution to this after a long frustrating day.

I have a Mavic Pro Alpine White running latest firmware on AC and RC. I run with 3 batteries (all at 100% prior to leaving the house). I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 as a screen.

I started off this afternoon filming a combine harvester (it was a little dusty but nothing abnormal). Got some photos, some videos and all was good.

I continued flying on battery one until approx. 15% where I then proceeded to land. All was well, images saved, videos saved & no connection losses mid-flight (for a change).

Forward maybe 30-45 mins later after taking some photos with my DSLR I wanted to use the drone again, so I swap battery 1 for battery 2. Normal take-off procedure, everything powered up connected to my Note 8 as before.

However from this point onward I have been unable to; connect the AC to the RC, connect the AC to my Android device via WiFi or connect the AC to DJI Assistant on my Windows 10 laptop. (Official DJI USB cable used at all times).

I am at my wit's end as to what could be the issue.

I can't reset the device as that requires DJI Assistant.

I have tried Remote Controller Linking but no luck. (RC times out, AC has flashing yellow LED on the tail)

When I switch to WiFi it does not create its own hotspot/network to connect to (even if I scan the QR-code)

I can connect the RC to DJI Assistant and it's visible.

I have re-charged all 3 batteries to 100% and the controller

I have noticed the under-carriage of my Mavic gets very warm even hot and this has been on-going for some time. Not sure if this is normal or related?

Is there anyone out there who has experienced similar or can point me in the right direction on a fix?

If I have to resort to sending this to DJI they will be giving me my money back and I will be going to Yuneec as I am fed up of the instability and reliability issues I have had with a setup that cost me over €1300 in January.

ok few notes to check

1 is straight down reset by restoring software in rc and ac .. I know YOU dont have the assistant but there must be someone to loan you a pc / Mac for a half hour or so to do this for you

ok few notes to check

1 is straight down reset by restoring software in rc and ac .. I know YOU dont have the assistant but there must be someone to loan you a pc / Mac for a half hour or so to do this for you
Perhaps you misunderstood. I can't use DJI Assistant as it no longer recognises the AC when it is connected. It only recognises the RC.

Perhaps you misunderstood. I can't use DJI Assistant as it no longer recognises the AC when it is connected. It only recognises the RC.
ok I know these are time consuming trouble shooting steps .. did you attempt to erase assistant and clear cache then reboot / download and try again

ok I know these are time consuming trouble shooting steps .. did you attempt to erase assistant and clear cache then reboot / download and try again
I had coincidentally noticed that DJI Assistant had an update available so I installed the update.
I have a horrible feeling it's the AC that's the issue be it hardware or firmware something has happened as if it's "bricked" which is why I can no longer connect to it in any way.

How old is the drone? Any crashes? If you are in the USA, had no crashes, and the Mavic is less than a year old, it might be covered under warranty. See table below; MC = Main Controller = 1 year warranty.

No it's not normal and yes it could be related. It's possible that your fan had stopped working some time in the past when you started noticing that the bottom heat sink was getting hot. When the bottom heat sink of the drone gets hotter than 110°, the onboard fan will begin to cool the drone. If the fan does not come on to cool your components, and the ambient temperature would allow the boards to rise above 120 - 130° it will be a matter of 2 - 4 minutes until your FC board and/or your core board will overheat and fail. Once either of these boards thermals, or gets too hot to the point of melting, the drone becomes a brick, or if it happens in the air, a flying brick. When the core board fails, it will not allow the controller to connect to the aircraft, and will not allow the AC to connect to DJI Go. All you will get is a blinking yellow tail light.

A word to the wise. The fan should turn on after 2-3 minutes of sitting on a bench or flying. If you land go to pick it up, and the bottom is too hot to touch, you might have a fan or core board problem.

Mavic warranty.jpg

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22