DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro or platinum? First time buyer.

Order the Platinum unless one or more of the below is important to you:

1) You want a Mavic Pro now
2) The additional $100 is very important to you
3) You want to run .400 firmware

If these three items are not important to you, then hold out to the platinum. You don't want to regret if buying an older model, even if the difference is marginal.

Mavic Pro is already on sale. Have seen @ Amazon as low as $908.00. Great deal. If Platinum is @ $1099.00, then the regular is a no brainer...

I think until the Platinum is out in the wild and has been tested it's impossible to say whether or not it's worth the extra $100. Supposedly at least some hardware differences that affect the camera and the 1080/60 mode that cannot be addressed with a firmware update on the current model. That is also in addition to the ESC updates.

The question is really, how long are you willing to wait? If your anxious to get one now then get one now. If you can wait a month or so then i'd wait for someone to get there hands on it and test the camera differences and if they've solved the watercolor issue and see what the real world gains in flight time and reduction in noise levels are. Oh yeah, and if your the kind of person who is interested in modding parameters how locked down the new one will be?

Reactions: PT_Mavic
Buy the normal Mavic, and if you have another $100 just buy yourself another battery.

Reactions: Clinton1
I can't think of a single reason not to buy the Platinum. If it were significantly more expensive, that would be reason enough to deliberate. As it is, it's a no-brainer.

I can't think of a single reason not to buy the Platinum.
Here's one: for the $100 price difference (considerably more with MP discounting) you can buy another battery and a set of the new props, giving you a lot more than 2-3 minutes more flight time.
And you can have it in less than a week, except for the props.

Go with the MP because i doubt you will able to change the parameters of the MPP because of the new firmware.

Hey fellas,

I was going to buy a mavic pro until I discovered the platinum would be out soon. Should I wait for the platinum to come out, or wait for the mavic pro to go on sale?

Do you think the mavic pro will be discounted soon? I've been itching to get one of these for a while, but will wait if I can save some money on it.

What would you guys do?
Wait for platinum

IMO the Mavic Pro is the way to go for all the reasons mentioned. The Platinum is $100 more for negligible benefits. The money is better spent on an extra battery. The Platinum will surely be harder if not impossible to roll back to earlier firmware. And, although this is subjective, I think the silver color looks cheap.

I would go with the Mavic Pro because the only difference is the battery 30 min flight time to 27 min and the props are different with lower noise but you my be able to use the props and battery on the Mavic Pro. The props are 10.00 and battery price is the same for both.
So your not getting much for your $100.00 I saw the Mavic Pro for $849.00 on Drone Nears Good luck with your purchase you cant go wrong with either.

I would go with the Mavic Pro because the only difference is the battery 30 min flight time to 27 min and the props are different with lower noise but you my be able to use the props and battery on the Mavic Pro. The props are 10.00 and battery price is the same for both.
So your not getting much for your $100.00 I saw the Mavic Pro for $849.00 on Drone Nears Good luck with your purchase you cant go wrong with either.

I believe there is no much extra flight time with the MPP.I saw a you tube video and the flight time of the MPP was 24 min, yesterday I test mine standard MP I hover it with a full battery until 10% and auto land with the standard MP props and the flight time was 23:30 min.So where is the extra flight time?It's a BS for me.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun