DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Over Thailand

well done.

Quick question, how many batteries did you bring on this trip?.

Settings: Art Mode 0,0,-1
Filters: Polar Pro
Color Grading: DaVinci Resolve
Editing: DaVinci Resolve
Title: Adobe After Effects & Element 3D

I have read reviews on the Polar Pro filter for the Mavic. The only negative is that the filter has to be removed every time you power up the aircraft. Apparently the filter is too thick and does not allow the gimbal to rotate freely during power up.

How is your filter working out so far?.

I have read reviews on the Polar Pro filter for the Mavic. The only negative is that the filter has to be removed every time you power up the aircraft. Apparently the filter is too thick and does not allow the gimbal to rotate freely during power up.

How is your filter working out so far?.

For the most part they are working out just fine, and I am using them a lot. However, having to put them on AFTER the Mavic has started up is a bit of a pain, so I will likely upgrade to the Cinema Series or another version that is light and small enough to leave on.

This may be a dumb question but I just got my Mavic 3 days ago and all this is new to me. It seems common to turn off auto exposure and auto white balance. Did you have these off when shooting this video? Awesome video by the way. I'm going to Thailand in March!

Amazing - well done! I head to Thailand in 2 weeks and planned on taking the Mavic with me. Did you have any issues flying (taking it on the plane) with it? I'm heading from the UK to Thailand. Thanks. K

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

No problems at all traveling with the Mavic, including going through security and customs and storing on the plane. The only issue we had was when we were leaving Thailand the security person confiscated our portable phone battery pack because they could not identify the mAh capacity (the type was super tiny). But the four Mavic lipo batteries in my bag? No issue whatsoever. Go figure.

Reactions: KevinT
This may be a dumb question but I just got my Mavic 3 days ago and all this is new to me. It seems common to turn off auto exposure and auto white balance. Did you have these off when shooting this video? Awesome video by the way. I'm going to Thailand in March!
I left AWB and AEL turned on for all of my flights. I did some minor corrections in post for WB and exposure shifts. I think both of those settings on automatic can make it easier to get a usable shot.

I just returned from a 2 week trip to Thailand with the Mavic Pro. Here's a few highlights:

Settings: Art Mode 0,0,-1
Filters: Polar Pro
Color Grading: DaVinci Resolve
Editing: DaVinci Resolve
Title: Adobe After Effects & Element 3D

Beautifully shot and edited. Love the titling effect! Do you know if that is available to FCP? I need to look at that.

Curious if you were using tracking mode or if you were manually tracking in a few of those shots? Thanks

Beautifully shot and edited. Love the titling effect! Do you know if that is available to FCP? I need to look at that.

Curious if you were using tracking mode or if you were manually tracking in a few of those shots? Thanks

Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed the video.

I have never used FCP so I don't know if you can do any 3D effects in that program. I would be surprised if you could.

The tracking shots were a mix of the tracking mode and manual tracking shots. When you want to track a subject with the Mavic only a few feet off the ground (like the following shot in the palm trees in the video), you have to do that manually. The Mavic has a minimum height requirement for the tracking mode to work.

Reactions: TriDoc5280
Good to hear you didn't have too much trouble taking it to thailand! Any problems with thai customs upon entering the country? I'm going in August and plan to bring my mavic. Did they ask any questions about it or did you have to declare it in anyway? Trying to find information has been a bit hard for me! Thanks in advance...

No problems at all going through customs with the Mavic. Have a great trip!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots