DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Plat. and Litchi Scare , Help ?

SteveP55

Reactions
Hi Guy's,
Yesterday I took my MP Plat. out for only the 3rd time, I was flying with the current Litchi app version 2.2
and all my firmwares are up to date, I double checked, I flew 2 perfect way point missions the same I have flown many times with my phantoms flawlessly, anyway, the MP Plat flew beautifully...so after the last mission I switched over to FPV to bring to bring it to the home point to land, Also I am using an iPad mini 3 current ios of 11.3.1
I then looked at the remote as I see a message flashing across the screen saying os failure check app, well I got the MP Plat. to home point and landed safely... thankfully ! but I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience such as this before? To be honest that scared the you know what out of me.... It was acting very strangely during this time of this message, Now I'm worried that this may occur again during a way point mission and that could be disastrous. If any has any answers I know you guy's will.
Thanks In Advance
SteveP55

I then looked at the remote as I see a message flashing across the screen saying os failure check app

On your RC, not the device? I've never seen or heard of that message. Even a Google search turns up nothing. Is this precisely what it said? And no adverse flight behavior.. just the message?

Now I'm worried that this may occur again during a way point mission and that could be disastrous. If any has any answers I know you guy's will.

That's the nice thing about Litchi waypoint missions. All the data is uploaded to the Mavic and it will fly the mission properly - even if the RC is turned off or disconnected.

Hi Isadoc,
Yes that is what it flashed across the remote, I can't say exactly at the time I saw it the MP started acting strange as if I didn't get it to home point and land who knows what it might have done. The message was something to the effect "os failure check app" right across the RC screen, Today I'm going out to fly and I'll get back here with my results. I'M HOPING the Apple update isn't the cause of a software problem.
Thanks Guy's for responding
SteveP55

Hi again,
Ok, the message was this as I looked it up, sys warning check app, sorry for the wrong message, I'm getting old LOL, But the rest of strange behavior was correct, the app did not lock up or crash, and I didn' lose control, but seemed that if I would not have brought it back and landed, well who knows, it was not holding a constant hovering position, it would've floated away.
Thanks Guy's
SteveP55

Hi Again Guy's,
Ok just got a support response from Litchi, here it is:
"
I wouldn't worry too much about this, however in the future if you want to know what the
error is, you would need to switch to DJI Go. The remote controller is
integrated with DJI Go, so when it says sys warning, it means there is probably
a warning in DJI Go. However this does not apply to Litchi."
So is there a WAY to look up this warning in the DJIGO4 app to see what might have happened?
The support isn't much support and as far as don't worry too much about it....well it's not their $900.00 + dollars on the line it's mine, LOL
Let me know what you think.
Thanks and Take Care
SteveP55

Hi Guy's, Well I took the MP Plat out to the same area I was flying the other day when the SYS Warning Check app message streamed across the RC screen. Everything went perfectly ! I flew the same Litchi way point mission and performed outstanding, this mission is aprox. 1.7 miles in distance and never even lost any signal once, and NO streaming messages. I feel a lot better about it now. Thanks for everyone that replied to my original message.
Evidently this must have been a fluke of some sort.
Take Care and Fly Safe and Far
SteveP55

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3