DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum losing connection

Joel1521

Reactions
Have flown a hundred times in the last 12 months with few issues. However, for the first time, I am finding the unit is Losing Connection with the controller. I have three questions: 1) when it loses connection, why do the controls still seem to work? I was able to do a RTH and also directly control the unit; 2) What causes it; and 3) is there any solution to reconnect while still in flight?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Losing video feed?
Old cable maybe? Have you tried a different cable or make sure the ends are clean on the old one.

as @Starz said try a different cable are you using the larger USB port under the controller to connect to you viewing device this is the best one to use

I will try changing the cable... but in the meantime, I’ll try using a port connection with the larger USB port. Good suggestion.
if you do make sure you have nothing plugged into the side port as if you do the bottom port won't work it sounds like the side port could be worn through constant use they are very delicate and easily damaged if you are not really careful when you plug the cables in thats why most of us use the bottom port and only use the side port for charging the RC

Have flown a hundred times in the last 12 months with few issues. However, for the first time, I am finding the unit is Losing Connection with the controller. I have three questions: 1) when it loses connection, why do the controls still seem to work? I was able to do a RTH and also directly control the unit; 2) What causes it; and 3) is there any solution to reconnect while still in flight?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Your controller uses 2.4 radio frequency while your camera uses 5.8 to send image to your screen. So it sounds like your controller still worked but you lost camera image feed to your monitor.

If your using VLOS you can easily just manually control your bird back to you. If for some reason it's out of line of site you can use screen on remote controller to see distance and as you manually fly it, if distance drops it means she's coming home.

Learning to get comfortable with this is wise, especially if when you took off your drone didn't update to your current take off location, which means it's return to home could be very different than what you expect.
?

Can you recommend a good cable source to buy one with USB C
Thanks
personally i use the ones from TDW Thors Drone World and find them very good

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato