DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum losing video signal

Davedavedave17

Reactions
Even if I wanted to, I can’t fly my Mavic Pro Platinumwith IPhone 8 Plus more than 50 meters without the video signal disconnecting almost every flight :-((((((

This has been the case ever since buying it new in November 2017. Everything kept updated at all times. A big big disappointment DJI

Is the GO app disconnecting or is flight data still updating?
Often it is a cable issue. To exclude this, connect your iPhone to the rear bottom USB connector instead of using the transmitter's side port. Use a standard USB to lightning cable for that.
If you can loan another iPhone e.g. from a friend you should test with this one to exclude that it's a software issue with your phone. If yes, you should reset and re-install your phone.
If the problem still remains then there might be a problem with either your transmitter of Mavic, which would be a case for DJI support.

Hi GerdS,
Many thanks for getting back to me regarding my Mavic Pro Platinum video feed problem with my iPhone 8 Plus.
Just to clarify, did you mean that I should use my Apple iPhone 8 Plus charging cable to connect to the USB port on the bottom of my DJI controller and connect the other side to my phone?

What happens on most flights is that my video signal feed suddenly randomly disappears on my DJI Go 4 app. It will be fine flying conditions and maybe even as close as 25 meters or so between the Mavic and controller (with at least 10 satellites) when the camera screen suddenly goes pitch black.

This has given me no confidence for flying any resonable distance. Sometimes I can restart the camera on DJI go 4 by closing the DJI app and reopening it however this is obviously a big distraction and potential danger for a new flier.

Please advise me.

Many thanks for your kind advice.

Yes, just try your charging cable which you are also using for connecting to a computer for synchronising. And if this doesn't help, try with another iPhone to exclude there is a software problem on yours.

Yes, just try your charging cable which you are also using for connecting to a computer for synchronising. And if this doesn't help, try with another iPhone to exclude there is a software problem on yours.
On MP here video problems mostly on the lower half of my Samsung S5

DJI say return it .. But I'm sure it wasn't doing it as bad when I got it last month

Anyone got the same problem

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180703-124440.png
    Screenshot_20180703-124440.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Yip, I had this problem a year back with a brand new MPP and after countless lost video signal flights I realised my DJI controller to IPhone phone was faulty. It took months for DJI to accept the fault and replace it.

Whilst waiting for a replacement I bought an alternative quality USB to micro USB cable by Anker. I did a ‘Lot’ of research before doing this as I needed to be 100% sure before connecting to the MPP’s underbelly (full size) controller’s USB. Everything was fine and I would highly recommend this method.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure