DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum manual/auto focus problem!

RustyN4il

Reactions
Hi, I bought a Dji Mavic Pro Platinum at an online auction with about 3 hours of flight, therefore practically new. The drone is perfect, like new, the problem is that I can't adjust the focus in any way. Neither automatically nor manually. I have already carried out all the necessary tests: Updated the drl drone and controller firmware, carried out a complete reset of the drone and all the sensor calibrations, tried both with the android system and with the ios system. Nothing, the focus doesn't change in any way. The drone has not been dropped, so a mechanical failure can be ruled out. I have read that many people with this drone model have problems with focus. Is it possible that there is no solution? Thank you 😉

Attachments

• screen_a652402cad6e566d_1688650010000.jpg
    screen_a652402cad6e566d_1688650010000.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Hi, I bought a Dji Mavic Pro Platinum at an online auction with about 3 hours of flight, therefore practically new. The drone is perfect, like new, the problem is that I can't adjust the focus in any way. Neither automatically nor manually. I have already carried out all the necessary tests: Updated the drl drone and controller firmware, carried out a complete reset of the drone and all the sensor calibrations, tried both with the android system and with the ios system. Nothing, the focus doesn't change in any way. The drone has not been dropped, so a mechanical failure can be ruled out. I have read that many people with this drone model have problems with focus. Is it possible that there is no solution? Thank you 😉
I have one since 2018. And yes, the camera unit can fail. In a true failure, nothing can fix it short of replacing the camera. I’m referring to the cylindrical unit on the gimbal assembly.
In my experience, I flew one flight just fine, the next flight, no focus at all. I successfully replaced the camera, by either replacing just the camera barrel or the entire gimbal depending upon what was available. They are now somewhat rare and costly.
The other issue with MPP cameras is they tend to have blurry areas. Not necessarily severe, but out of 5 cameras that I have, only one is relatively good.

Reactions: mereflyer
I had a Platinum, and never had any problems with the focus. It's likely the seller knew of this problem. Maybe contact him and try to get your money back. My Platinum crashed in the ocean. I retrieved it. It flies, but I could never get the camera/gimbal working again, even though I bought a replacement, and installed it. It didn't work, so I got my money back. If you can't get your money back, maybe you could send it into DJI for service.

Salve, ho provato a contattare il venditore, ma ha detto che il drone era perfetto, nessun problema di messa a fuoco 🤦

Ne ho uno dal 2018. E sì, l'unità della fotocamera può guastarsi. In un vero fallimento, niente può risolverlo se non sostituendo la fotocamera. Mi riferisco all'unità cilindrica sul gruppo cardanico.
Nella mia esperienza, ho volato bene un volo, il volo successivo, senza concentrazione. Ho sostituito con successo la fotocamera, sostituendo solo la canna della fotocamera o l'intero gimbal a seconda di ciò che era disponibile. Ora sono piuttosto rari e costosi.
L'altro problema con le fotocamere MPP è che tendono ad avere aree sfocate. Non necessariamente grave, ma su 5 fotocamere che ho, solo una è relativamente buona.
Ho trovato una fotocamera sostitutiva a buon prezzo, farò ancora qualche tentativo per sistemarla, poi la sostituirò.
Mi sembra però assurdo che DJI non intervenga per risolvere il problema 🤦

My Platinum needs the screen touched to focus
But the Spark spot on no need to do anything ;)

Reactions: CvCow and RustyN4il
I recovered a used camera complete with gimbal, is it complicated to replace it? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230810_105007.jpg
    IMG_20230810_105007.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_