DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Won't Bind with Controller

Help me out here please. In the Litchi thread you linked to, you said:

"The Mavic Pro manual’s use of the word “toggle” in reference to that wifi/RC switch is baffling and ambiguous. One possible interpretation of the word “toggle” as used in this context is that the switch remains in the wifi position for normal drone flying operations, but then is briefly switched over to the RC position only for the binding procedure, before being returned to the wifi position."

So, are you saying you had the switch in the rear position (Wi-Fi) all this time?.... while trying to connect the RC?

Ha ha you know I'd never confess to having left that switch in the Wifi position all along even if that were the case. Actually, I did try binding both drones to their controllers with the Wifi/RC switch in both positions multiple times over the last couple of days to no avail, until finally, I decided to try a third-party workaround.

My drone lockout woes began when my Mavic Pro Platinum abruptly lost linkage with its controller. The DJI forum gurus recommended a firmware upgrade as the only way to resume flight operations with the drone. I foolishly complied with that instruction. While the Mavic Pro's 0050 firmware indeed restored connectivity between the drone and DGI Go4, Litchi was politely shut out of the party by that firmware upgrade The Litchi screen's camera view was disabled, and all saved flight on-screen folder icons were missing, in contrast to DJI Go4's flawless functionality after that subtly coerced firmware upgrade.

Fully autonomous Litchi waypoint missions beyond visual and RC signal range comprise an easy 99% of my drone flying adventures out here in the sticks, so it was unnerving that DJI was evidently trying to herd me towards an exclusive reliance on DJI Go products that I would sooner eat a bug than use. Ultimately it took two separately purchased third-party approaches, and one freeware product to put both my Mavic Pro1s in the skies again.

I thank you kindly for offering a few insights during this initially baffling episode. By the way, the only performance modification that I selected was the RC signal boost option which to my surprise DOUBLED the range at which clear video feedback was received from the drone. A test mission I just launched here showed a clear video link out to 2 country miles, which is an unexpected bonus for sure.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929