DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro RC connect to MACbook M1

Archerpilot

Reactions
I'm thinking of getting a MACbook Air M1 and wondering if I can connect my DJI Mavic Pro (1st gen) remote controller to it? I know the Mavic PRO drone can connect but looking to connect the RC to the DJI Go 4 running on MACbook Air M1

Thanks for any pointers.

Archerpilot

I'm thinking of getting a MACbook Air M1 and wondering if I can connect my DJI Mavic Pro (1st gen) remote controller to it? I know the Mavic PRO drone can connect but looking to connect the RC to the DJI Go 4 running on MACbook Air M1

Thanks for any pointers.

Archerpilot
No, it won't work.... you will have to use the remote with iPhone, Ipad, Android Tablet or Phone

Go4 will only run on iOS or Android, not on MacOS... or Windows or Linux or - I bought my wife a Lenovo Duet Chromebook for work and couldn't get Go4 to work on ChromeOS either.

Sure, there are Android emulators for Windows etc, but proper USB port control would be the problem then.

Although the M1 can run iPhone and iPad apps, none of the DJI apps are available in the App Store. App developers can choose to not allow their apps to run on MacOS if they wish.
There is no technical reason why it wouldn't work as the M1 can natively run iPad apps. The limit is DJI.

Although the M1 can run iPhone and iPad apps, none of the DJI apps are available in the App Store. App developers can choose to not allow their apps to run on MacOS if they wish.
There is no technical reason why it wouldn't work as the M1 can natively run iPad apps. The limit is DJI.
Thank you

Go4 will only run on iOS or Android, not on MacOS... or Windows or Linux or - I bought my wife a Lenovo Duet Chromebook for work and couldn't get Go4 to work on ChromeOS either.

Sure, there are Android emulators for Windows etc, but proper USB port control would be the problem then.
Thank you

The lack of touchscreen on the MacBooks is another big stumbling block. The App's UI would have to be rewritten to work correctly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent