DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro remote control killed my samsung S2 Tab galaxy tablet.

Pointbob

Reactions
I'm still trying to piece together what happened. I was flying my mavic pro and my remote control started beeping that it was critically low battery. I landed the mavic pro. The mavic remote was still connected to the samsung tablet. I had charged that tablet the night before and knew was fully charged. I placed the tablet/remote down for a moment to check the drone and when i came back to the tablet it was completely off.

I tried turning the power button on and no luck.

I got it home and tried charging it but the tablet is not showing that it is being charged at all.

I tried holding the power/vol buttons to reset the tablet but no luck. It's still dead and now i'm worried.

Any tips on getting the tablet back? Also...any clues as to why this happened? I've flown with this combo about 10 times no problems.

thanks

You say the MP controller killed you tablet. How do you know this? Is it not possible that the tablet just malfunctioned for some unknown reason?

How hot was it outside? You might have fried your battery. If your unit is 2 or 3 years old, it might be time for a new battery anyway, if they are replaceable.

You say the MP controller killed you tablet. How do you know this? Is it not possible that the tablet just malfunctioned for some unknown reason?
It's an educated guess. I've never been in a situation where the remote battery was critically low. All things being equal that likely triggered the failure in the tablet.

I've also been hunting for theories on the web and it's poss too that the samsung tablets are fussy with low charge. As far as I know the RC was sucking the battery power off the tablet too...

It's an educated guess. I've never been in a situation where the remote battery was critically low. All things being equal that likely triggered the failure in the tablet.

I've also been hunting for theories on the web and it's poss too that the samsung tablets are fussy with low charge. As far as I know the RC was sucking the battery power off the tablet too...

How old is the Tab? Do you know what % battery the controller started at?

Unlikely that the tablet died as a result of the RC. Even if you short the USB leads, the best you do is fry whatever is supplying the power, the RC, and the USB port of the receiver, the tablet. I have three theories:
  1. Your device took in too much such and overheated, and shut itself down for a while. This is most likely.
  2. Your device's hardware/firmware glitched and is now frozen forever until the battery runs out, in which case plugging in it after 72 hours should get you going again. If your unit is exhibiting heat, this is a likely scenario.
  3. Your tablet failed from a hardware defect. This is rare but more likely than the RC killing the tablet.

Reactions: lweekspors
I'm still trying to piece together what happened. I was flying my mavic pro and my remote control started beeping that it was critically low battery. I landed the mavic pro. The mavic remote was still connected to the samsung tablet. I had charged that tablet the night before and knew was fully charged. I placed the tablet/remote down for a moment to check the drone and when i came back to the tablet it was completely off.

I got it home and tried charging it but the tablet is not showing that it is being charged at all.

I tried holding the power/vol buttons to reset the tablet but no luck. It's still dead and now i'm worried.

Any tips on getting the tablet back? Also...any clues as to why this happened? I've flown with this combo about 10 times no problems.

thanks
I know you said you tried holding the power and volume buttons, but try holding the power and volume down button for at least 10 seconds and try it several times if it doesn't work. Sounds like it just needs a hard reboot if your battery was pretty much full. Could be a hardware problem, but I'm betting it just needs a hard reboot.

I have an old blackberry playbook. If the battery ever went too low, I had to use a special high output charger to bring it back to life. The standard cord and block wouldnt do it.
Plug it in to a high amp charger and leave it overnight. See what happens.

thanks
my Samsung tab had a pixelating problem from the last update half of the screen. I shut it down not knowing what happened everything was@100% power etc tried new cable same thing, put my I pad on it no problems. I believe that Samsung tabs wont work anymore and if they do then they WONT!!

Assuming we are talking about a tablet going down on June 23, which is over a week ago, i'd assume it would discharge itself all the way down to 0 until now if it simply crashed with it's screen off. This means even if you did hold the wrong buttons combination, or didn't hold it for long enough, trying it again is probably pointless, but you could try plugging it in again and see if it shows any signs of life. Keep it plugged in for at least 15 minutes, devices often won't show the charging screen if the battery is below what device is considering to be "0%". As suggested above, use a proper charger (the more amps it can do, the better), definitely don't use a cheap 500mA one, nor plug it into a PC.

Still no signs of life? I'd continue by dismantling it and diagnosing the battery.

Reactions: Gygax

thanks
I caught my Tab s2 charging off of my controller today. They were tied together through the large USB port and I thought my remote battery was draining kind of fast. When I looked at my S2 it showed it was charging with no external power connected.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98