DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Sport Mode.

grgguy

Reactions
Recently I sent my Mavic Pro back to DJI for warranty repairs.. My drone had a speed error, then a GPS mismatch and then a motor obstruction/speed error all within the space of a few seconds. This in turn caused my Mavic to fall to it's demise. Well I sent it in for the repairs and because the drone was in sport mode they claim it was all my fault. I find that to be ludicrous. Just because I was in sport mode. It doesn't mean I was trying to set some sort of speed record. In fact when the first speed error occurred I was only going 20mph. To be honest I don't know why I was in sport mode..I mean I obviously had to switch it over. However I was not being irresponsible with it in that I wasnt trying to go fast. Anyways DJI wants me to pay them $256 to repair a 6 month old drone that to me had some sort of a motor failure. That in my mind should absolutely covered by it's warranty...I did nothing to cause it's motor faliure( speed error ) and there was nothing I could have done to prevent it ( the speed error ) either..

fb5642ebd4e6ebc7b26d22f14d34865c.jpg

This is the one dji might care if you posted something

Recently I sent my Mavic Pro back to DJI for warranty repairs.. My drone had a speed error, then a GPS mismatch and then a motor obstruction/speed error all within the space of a few seconds. This in turn caused my Mavic to fall to it's demise. Well I sent it in for the repairs and because the drone was in sport mode they claim it was all my fault. I find that to be ludicrous. Just because I was in sport mode. It doesn't mean I was trying to set some sort of speed record. In fact when the first speed error occurred I was only going 20mph. To be honest I don't know why I was in sport mode..I mean I obviously had to switch it over. However I was not being irresponsible with it in that I wasnt trying to go fast. Anyways DJI wants me to pay them $256 to repair a 6 month old drone that to me had some sort of a motor failure. That in my mind should absolutely covered by it's warranty...I did nothing to cause it's motor faliure( speed error ) and there was nothing I could have done to prevent it ( the speed error ) either..
I think, sport mode is a mode made by DJI, for using it.

If it was about to void your warranty, there shouldn't exist the sport mode switch.

Reactions: Rockisy
Ifly in sport mode 90% of the time never had a problem. But at times if you were climbing and going forward full speed you will get a motor overload error. Not saying this is what you were doing.

My AC came out of the box in sport mode. I didn't even notice until many flight in.

I fly in sport every single time I use it . It’s to slow without sport . I’m not 80 years old lol

My gimbal stopped working just right after 6 months under 10 hours of flight time. I thought for sure I would get a replacement but DJI treated me the same way, charging me for a replacement refurbished unit because the part was not under warranty. I have no clue why it happened and they couldn’t give me an answer, not once claiming responsibility. I raised some mighty hell about but they showed no signs of concern, not even a wink.

For me it had been a huge regret and I refuse to buy anymore of their products or use their services. I love the hobby but I have forked out way more money than I would have ever imagined and not once have crashed my MP ( I got that out of the way with my old Phantom3S :) )

There are guys around these threads that can fix DJI drones for great prices and from here on out that’s how I’m going to keep mine alive. The DJI Care Refresh is BS to me. Just my opinion!

Reactions: skitzkrieg
I fly in sport every single time I use it . It’s to slow without sport . I’m not 80 years old lol
I think sport mode too slow anymore. Now my inspire I have had that up to 80 mph believe it or not now that’s fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo