DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Sports Mode Speed Clocked.

Yes and a cheap Gun is still going to give far more accurate readings than what the Mavic is producing.

Hmmm just did some checking and that Pocket Radar Gun is not as bad as I thought. It's $300 on Amazon and its rated accuracy is (+/-) 1 MPH. It's made for clocking baseballs so a Mavic should be no problem.

Rob

Last edited:
My only thought is that they didn't seem to have much space for the drones to hit their top speed. I've noticed it can take the Mavic a bit of time to actually get to it's max speed and most of my speed records have been on very long straight runs.

In real time it's hard to believe the MP speed numbers sometimes, but looking at the recorded data should give very accurate ground speeds. If you don't trust those then start calculating based on position change from the Lat/Long.

I'll be doing the "power curve" of the MP and P4P later this spring if I can get 0 forecast winds at ground some bright morning. Use a closed airport as the test ground until the police come and toss me off. I want to understand why people are getting such phenomenal range with MP but not so great with the P4P.

My only thought is that they didn't seem to have much space for the drones to hit their top speed. I've noticed it can take the Mavic a bit of time to actually get to it's max speed and most of my speed records have been on very long straight runs.

Why it's better to look at the recorded data and plot it. Easier to see exactly when speed stabilizes.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu