DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro to Facebook

hannahskellam

Reactions
I edited my drone footage in iMovie and now I want to put it on Facebook but the quality is coming up bad, can anyone tell me how to get it on their while still looking good?

Thanks x

Reactions: Jayfly
How does your footage look straight from the microSD card? Did you have your camera video settings properly set to capture your footage in 4K or at least in a high resolution and frame rate?

I'd work backwards. Take a look at your raw footage on the card. If that looks good then your camera was properly set up. Compare that quality to your output via iMovie. If there is a difference after editing, then that narrows down on your problem, i.e., something went awry during the editing or with how your footage was saved afterwards. These things can be tricky at times. Others in this forum who know more about these matters than I do will probably chime in.

I wish you success on your project and hope you can resolve your issue soon. I know it's frustrating when you know what you are doing but things simply aren't cooperating with you. Good luck!

Reactions: hannahskellam
I edited my drone footage in iMovie and now I want to put it on Facebook but the quality is coming up bad, can anyone tell me how to get it on their while still looking good?

Thanks x

Also keep in mind iMovie doesn't support anything higher than 1080. So if you're shooting in 4k, you'll lose the quality in iMovie.

If you're using iMovie for iOS then you're probably also uploading straight from your phone.. when you upload straight from the iPhone to Facebook or YouTube the video gets super compressed on your phone automatically before uploading so it doesn't take as long, but the end result is terrible. The only way to get full quality is to upload from a computer.

Also, if you upload to YouTube and then post a link to Facebook, unfortunately if someone using an iPhone clicks that link it comes up within Facebook's built in browser (instead of the YouTube app) and plays in the lowest possible quality. Part of Facebook really trying to force you to use their own system and skip YouTube so they get all the ad revenue.

iPhone 6S

Stunning scenery! I love watching the dogs chase the drone.Check for some info an adjusting settings to smooth out the gimbal motion.
Other than that it looks good.

Reactions: SkeeterHarris
Great video, I am impressed with iMovie as well, seems to do a decent job, all on an iPad Air 2 as well, ( even though only 2k). Where was this HannahSkellam as its great location.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky