DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Video feed not showing

Ford_15

Reactions
Problem?

Hello guys, My name is Ford and I am new to this forum. I hope that I am posting about this in the right place. if not please accept my apologies.

So the problem started about 3-4 weeks back, I was flying normally and then I would get some purple lines on the display and the video would freeze, I was flying In the city around a populated area. after some studying I understood that It could be normal coz of all the WIFI and antennas and things like that, which was understandable but not enough for me. I took my drone out to "nowhere land" and tried again and faced the same problem, after a long day of googling and youtubing, I found that supposedly if you format the SD card It actually helps with so many people in the comment section actually saying it works, I did it and surprisingly it worked, I flew the drone in the same spot! no crazy lines no signal loss, Nothing! PERFECT!

Few days after I took my drone out and got all excited about the place I was heading to, just to find out that I have no video/camera feed on my phone...I did the normal troble-shooting steps, check the cables, check the app, firmware, things like that and restarted the drone, and everything is fine, It flys perfectly, all sensors are working, RTH is working, even the gimbal is moving up and down, everything but the camera! after looking bad in front of my friends and going home with none of the pictures or videos that I promised I connect the drone one more time to take a Screen Shot of the problem and guess what! It's working! records on all settings all picture modes are fine, everything! another week goes by I take it out and drive almost 3 hours away just to get there and find out that it's not working again! but this time I was ready for it, I actually took a few Screen-Shots and even recorded a video.

I am not sure if it's a hardware problem or a software one, I tried everything I found online. From reinstalling the app to testing on a different device, Updating and downgrading firmware, formating SD card, using different cables to connect the phone, Using the drone on WIFI instead of RC, EVERYTHING I found online I tired.

NB: I have less than just over 5 Hrs of flying on this drone, It never crashed or been mistreated, worst that ever happen was the propellers scraping a wall

Was the unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Everything I could find online that doesn't involve taking the AC apart.

What device are you using ( iPhone , iPad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone 7+ (Tested on Ipad air and iPhone 6)

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest

What Go app version are you using? 4.3.32 (4342)

Any modification?
(if so what) No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
Attached

((please note I tired to download the DAT file reader but the download links are not working. ))

Attachments

• IMG_6894.PNG
    IMG_6894.PNG
    810.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 2020-02-07_13-51-28_FLY127.DAT
    4.3 MB · Views: 4
I've been dealing with this lately. Have you tried resetting the camera? I also tried switching movie modes from PAL to NTSC or vice versa. That did something for me. I was able to get a clear picture while I'm on the ground (even if the props are spinning) but as soon as i take off, i get a distorted feed. Then it freezes. Ill land the drone, then ill get a perfect feed again. Im gonna try a new controller.

before you go any further try a new SD card in the drone and also always format the card in the drone before you fly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929