DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro video 'stutter'

Rmwac

Reactions
I'm noticing a slight, but omnipresent stutter in my video, about every half second. I'm running a Sandisk Extreme 64 gig card. Running video size setting one below 4k at 30 fps. I notice a very pronounced stutter in yaw motions, where the stutter actually lengthens. Anything to be done about this? Sort of discouraging.... :(

When I replay the original footage, it is fine. It's after editing in Pinnacle Studio 22 Plus that the stutter appears. Guess that tells me something...

well, for anyone interested..... I solved the video stutter mystery. My raw footage has no stutter, but my edited video had the stutter, and was horrid during panning. Turns out that my editing software (Pinnacle Studio 22) has an autodetect feature that supposedly automatically sets up the frame rate and resolution of your footage. After examination and some trial and error, I learned that my footage, shot at 24 frames/sec, was being processed at 25 frames per second. Once I discovered the dropdown menu, I got that corrected, the now the footage is very clean... even quick panning is clear. BTW, I have used Pinnacle Studio now for many years. I bought the latest version, Studio 22 Plus, for only $59. This app has full color correction, grading, great audio mixing capabilities, hyperlapse, video reversal, tons of transitons, titles, you name it....and is pretty intuitive to use, and runs well without crashes on a modest computer. Not Adobe Premier, but light years beyond Windows Movie Maker, or half baked free trial versions of otherwise expensive editing programs. Lots of You Tube tutorials, too.

Reactions: mike keyte
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato